Chapter 25

It was Friday morning and I had to go see the principal. When I walked in, Rusty was already there, smirking at me.

I stood in the doorway, refusing to move.

"Skylar, take a seat," Mr.Blue advised.

"I'm not sitting anywhere near him," I hissed.

"Oh, come on. Sky, I'm not going to hurt you," Rusty said smoothly.

"Bullshit," I yelled.

"Language, please," Mr.Blue asked.

"No, because nothing is going to happen to him because 'you don't have evidence'. I told you he attacked me in the closet and he's still here. Why didn't you ask for his story yet?" I demanded.

"I know his story, and he will be getting suspended. That's nothing for you to worry about, I called you down for one last thing," he replied, his tone tight.

When he said that, a police officer walked in and stood next to the principals desk. He was old. His gray hair was cut close to his head, his browns eyes neutral. He folded his hands behind his back.

"Skylar, he his here for your purpose only. You have the right to press charges," Mr.Blue said, sorrow deep in his voice.

"Charges?" Asked Rusty.

The police officer spoke up.

"From what you told me, you attacked her for one reason. It wasn't even an actual reason. Based on the laws she has the right to press charges, you attacked her and put her in harms way. Now it's all up to her," he said, not messing around. He turned to me with his eyebrows raised.

I glanced at Rusty and he was glaring at me. I was probably going to regret the decision I was about to make.

********************************
I met up with Rider in the cafeteria, sitting with his friends. You could say I was accepted into their group.

I sat next to Rider, butterflies flying around in my stomach.

"You look pale, you feeling okay?" Rider asked.

"Yeah, I just had to see the principal this morning," I explained, shrugging my shoulders.

"And?" Rider asked, eating a french fry.

"There was a police officer there, asking me some questions," I continued.

"What kind?" He urged.

"Well, there was a lot of paperwork to pressing charges," I smiled.

"You decided to press charges? That's great!" Rider said, pulling me into a hug.

"Ya, but I don't know if it was a good decision on not," I said reluctantly.

"Why not?"

"What if he retaliates to me doing this to him?" I asked.

"I already told you, I've got you protected. And I've talked to the guys and they are here to help," Rider smiled.

"Yeah, I mean, I've grown used to you. I wouldn't want you leaving," Jackson said, winking.

I laughed. "I'm not going anywhere."

Rider got up to thrown out his garbage. All they boys leaned towards me.

"What's going on? Are we fan girling?" I whispered.

"You're going on a date with Rider tonight?" They said, simultaneously.

I nodded.

"We'll all be over to your house around 5. We'll help you get ready," Jackson said.

"Umm, I'm a teenage girl, I don't think I need your help to get ready for a date," I chuckled. They would eat my entire house out in an hour.

"Too bad. We know what Rider is doing so we need to help you get ready," Nathan said, ending the conversation.

Rider was back, we all acted casual. I could say that I was not excited for a group of teenage boys to come to my house to help me get ready for my date, but what was I going to do? Fight them?

*******
It was 5 oclock on the dot and my front door bell rang. I dragged my feet to the door, holding a bag of doritos. I threw them on the counter so I wasn't ambushed.

I opened the door to be greeted by 5 teenage boys all doing a different pose. I couldn't help but laugh.

"We are here to assist Ms. Skylar Peterson," Jackson said, walking past me. The rest of the guys followed.

"I really don't need your help," I argued.

Lucas spoken up, "It is already 5 oclock and you haven't even started to get ready. I bet you were busy stuffing your face."

I shrugged my shoulders, he wasn't wrong.

Nathan threw me over his shoulder and carried me up the stairs, the rest of them on our tails.

Nathan threw me on my bed as they went through my closet, throwing away things they didn't like. I pulled my phone out and checked Facebook. They were talking quietly to themselves, trying to find the perfect outfit for the perfect occasion.

"Hey guys?" I asked.

"What?" They yelled.

"What are you looking for?" I questioned.

"Do you own any grey leggings woman?" Tyler yelled, frusturated.

"Top left drawer," I said, pointing to my dresser.

He pulled out a pair and walked back to the guys. They had put together an outfit.

"Get black leggings instead," Lucas told Tyler.

When they had the outfit figured out, they hung it up on the back of my door.

They decided on black leggings with my combat boots. They chose a loose white tshirt and my black leather jacket. Not bad taste.

"It's really cute, but what are we doing?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. Now sit," Jackson demanded, placing me on my vanity before my mirror.

"Close your eyes and relax, princess," one of the twins said.

"Don't test me, boys," I said firmly.

They got to work.