Chapter 11

Rider stayed the rest of the day. I made him steak and we ate it on the patio. The sun eventually set, and it got chilly, so we went inside. We watched movies until he said he had to go home.

"Thanks for coming over," I told him, leaning against the door.

"Anytime, cupcake. Sorry I have to go," he muttered.

"It's okay. I'm just going to go to bed anyways," I replied.

"Sleep tight," he murmurer, closing the door behind him.

I instantly felt the absence of his presence. The unbearable pain came washing in over me. Rider kept me together, he made me happy. But now that he left, I was a mess. I laid in bed and cried my eyes out until exhaustion claimed my body and I fell alseep.

********************************
I woke up to the comforts of my bed. I had a pounding headache behind my eyes. My chest felt heavy.

I went into the bathroom to take a much needed shower. I looked at myself in the mirror, terrified. My hair was a jumble of knots and my eyes were swollen and red. I looked extremely pail and frail.

Stepping into the shower, I started crying again, unable to stop the tears.

Rusty had killed the only person in my life who actually cared about me. And who knows why? I'll never see my dad again because of him. My dad will never walk me down the aisle on my wedding day.

But what bothered me even more was the fact that I felt pain over my breakup. I knew in my heart that I still loved Rusty, he was perfect for me in every way. I was mad at myself for loving a killer.

I got out of the shower and got dressed into comfy pajamas. I went downstairs to check the freezer for ice cream. And there wasn't any. I also realized that was extremely low on milk and other essential living materials.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and went to my car.

I pulled into the parking lot, which was basically empty. Walmart was usually busy on Sundays. I parked close and walked in. It was very cool in there.

I was walking up and down the aisles, looking for the ice cream, when I saw Rusty, sucking face with another girl.

I shouldn't have been surprised. Rusty never loved me. I grabbed onto the freezer door for support. My chest clenched in pain as tears rolled down my face.

Rusty pulled away from the girl and I was able to see her face. It was Kennedy.

I must have gasped or made some sort of noise because both their heads snapped in my direction. Kennedys face instantly went pale, her eyes wide in guilt. Rusty smirked at me.

I whipped around and walked away. I heard footsteps running after me and Rusty yell, " Leave her alone. Nobody cares about her anyways."

I ignored both Rusty and the footsteps.

"Skylar, wait! Please!" Kennedy yelled.

I walked into the self checkout line and quickly paid for my items.

Kennedy grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, please. I'm sorry," she cried. She was actually crying over what she did.

"Let go of me," I hissed, pulling my arm back. "Don't come near me ever again."

She stared at me in shock. "What happened to you?"

"Your new found lover is a cold hearted killer. He killed my dad," I muttered, and left her standing there with her mouth wide open.

I threw my grocery bags in the passenger seat and sat down. I pulled my hair out of my face. My anger got the best of me as I started hitting the steering wheel with my fists. Once the pain started to kick in, I stopped.

I blared the radio and drove home in utter despair.