Chapter 4

I walked out of the school with Rusty and Kennedy. Rusty wasn't able to drive because of his injury.

"Hey, Skylar? Rider's car isn't here. Can you give me a ride home?" Rusty asked me.

You did break his foot. Just give him a ride home.

"Sure. But I don't know where you live," I complied.

"That's fine. I'll give you directions," he replied.

Kennedy spoke up, "Skylar, did you pick a day for your party?"

I groaned to myself. I should not have told her about it.

"You're throwing a party? And I didn't get invited?" Rusty fake pouted.

"I'm thinking of throwing a party, there's a difference," I said quickly.

"Well I can help you. I'm kind of known for throwing parties," Rusty offered.

"Yes! That's a great idea!" Kennedy squealed.

"Sure. Just pick a day," I sighed.

"How about Friday?" Rusty asked.

"Is that gonna be our date?" I teased. We made it to my car.

"Skylar, you should totally do it Friday. We can go shopping tonight!" Kennedy continued.

"Yeah. Let's plan for Friday. I'll be getting my brace off in the morning," Rusty agreed.

"Ok. I'll drop Rusty off at home. You can go to my house," I told Kennedy.

We parted and Rusty got in the car. I turned on the AC.

"Music preferance?" I asked.

Rusty shook his head.

The ride was comfortably quiet, except for the quick directions Rusty was giving me.

When we finally pulled into his driveway, Rusty faced his body towards mine. "Would it be inappropriate if I kissed you before our first date?" He asked quietly.

Oh god. I don't know how I feel. I barely know the guy.

"Not at all," I whispered, leaning in.

Our lips touched lightly and sparks danced across my lips. Rusty deepened the kiss by opening my mouth. I placed my hands on his neck as he placed his on my cheeks. I moaned when he bit my bottom lip gently. He pulled away. We were both breathing heavy like we ran a marathon.

I blushed when he stared at me.

"You don't have to go home do you?" I asked.

"Not necessarily. What did you have in mind?" He asked back.

"Just come hang out with Kennedy and I. I'm not gonna shop for very long. I'm just looking for a dress," I practically begged.

"I'd love to go shopping with you," he smiled.

********************************
"I'm fine with him coming, I just don't understand why I have to sit in the back," Kennedy complained.

"Because," I said simply.

Rusty grabbed my hand and held it against his leg while we drove to the mall. Kennedy kept telling us how cute we were.

"Kennedy, how's Hunter?" I asked, changing the subject.

She blushed furiously. "I don't know. Good I guess. I haven't seen him since last Saturday," she said quickly.

Hunter was Kennedys 'boyfriend'. He hadn't asked her out yet, but the time was coming. They met in the mall we were going too. She was head over heels for him.