Chapter 5

Thank you guys for reading! It was just an idea I had. Please let me know what you think, not sure if I'm going to stick with it:/

The party was booming. The music was pounding through my ears as I walked through sweaty bodies trying to find Rusty. I lost him about an hour ago. I was busy getting Kennedy to slowdown on the beer.

I saw Rusty leaning against my kitchen table, talking to Rider. The conversation seemed heated.

"You guys okay?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Rusty ' s waist.

Rusty took his eyes off of Rider and forced a smile at me. "Yeah. Just talking. Let's go dance," he said, pulling me away from Rider. I turned to look back and he was already gone.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" I asked again, pulling him into a hug.

"Yes, I promise. Rider is just on my nerves," Rusty said, kissing my head.

I put my lips against him and whispered, "What's your secret?"

Rusty chuckled, "You'll find out soon."

And with that,Kennedy was standing up on the coffee table, yelling at everybody to quiet down.

"I'll make this quick, promise. My best friend, Skylar, is currently seeing Rusty. And Rusty wants to ask her something. So if you could all be quiet and listen, it would be appreciated,"she yelled.

I stared up at Rusty, eyes wide.

"Skylar, I know I haven't known you that long, but I want to know you. I want to know every habit and quirk. I want to spend time with you and I want to make you happy. Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked, loud and clear.

I smiled and nodded my head, "of course. Of course I would!"

We had a small make out session right there. The whole crowd went crazy. Most of them were drunk and probably had no idea what was going on.

"Let's go outside," Rusty whispered against my ear. He led me outside.

We sat down my pool, yes I have a pool. It came with the mansion. I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Sorry if this is an awful first date," Rusty chuckled.

"It can't be awful because it's my party," I teased back.

He kissed my temple. We sat in silence for a while, just listening to the music blare from inside the house.

"I need to pee. I'll be back," I told him, standing up.

"I'll be here," he replied.

I made my way back through my house, weaving through the bodies. One guy bumped into me, knocking me into the wall.

"Sorry!" I yelled over the music.

"No, it's my fault. Say, you're really pretty," the guy said, blocking me against the wall.

"Thanks, but I have a boyfriend,"I said, trying to duck under him.

"He doesn't need to know," the guy said, placing his lips on my neck.

"Get off," I yelled, kneeing him where the sun don't shine.

He fell to the ground, moaning.

"Dumbass," I muttered.

I turned the corner and saw Rider standing at the end of the hall, staring me down.

"That was impressive," he murmured, sounding tired.

"Yeah, whatever. I just need to pee," I replied, opening the bathroom door. I went to close it but Rider slid in before I could close it.

"What the hell?" I yelled.