Chapter 12

I was eating my feelings with a carton of ice cream cuddled up on the couch. Tissues were spread out all over the floor. I was watching "The Judge" when there was a knock on the door.

"Go away!" I yelled, shoving the spoon into my mouth.

The knocking continued.

I groaned and got up. When I opened the door I came face to face to Rusty.

"Hi," he whispered.

"What the hell do you want?" I yelled, my anger instantly rising.

"I need to apologize," he replied.

"Yeah that's not going to happen," I snapped, closing the door. His hand stopped it from latching.

"Please hear me out," he begged.

"Get off of my property or I'm calling the police," I threatened, my voice shaking.

"Don't do that. I need to explain myself," he pleaded.

I quickly slammed the door and locked it.

"You have 10 seconds to get off my front yard or I'm calling the police!" I yelled through the door.

I heard footsteps retreating. Then I heard Rusty's car start. I headed back into the living room.

The first thing I heard was glass shattering and wood splitting. I whipped my head around as Rusty's car came full speed right at me.

The last thing I remember was Robert Downey Jr leaning in for a kiss.
********************************
I don't know how long I was out but I woke up to excruciating pain in my lower leg. I yelled out in pain as I rolled away from the vehicle.

"Stupid, Skylar. You were just hit by a car and now you're trying to move," I scolded myself.

Something warm was dripping down the side of my face. I tried to lift my right arm but it wasn't moving.

I'm going to die, I thought to myself.

I laid there on the kitchen floor thinking through all the things I wanted to do in my life. I had so many things to try and to learn and I was going to die by my ex boyfriends stupid car.

Where is Rusty?

"Rusty, you stupid asshole, where the fuck are you?" I yelled, anger seeping into my voice.

"Skylar?!" A voice I would always remember called out.

"Dad?!" I yelled.

Footsteps came running over to me. My dad leaned over my face.

"Hey, sweetheart. Long time no see," he smiled.

Relief washed through me when I saw my dad.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, crying.

"I'm here to help you," he chuckled.

"I miss you, " I cried.

"I miss you too," he laughed, patting my head.

"Don't leave, " i begged.

"You know I have to Sky," he explained. He got up and walked across to the living room where my phone was situated on the couch. He grabbed it and brought it over to me.

"Call up that boy of yours. He's waiting," my dad confided.

"Rusty hit me with the car dad. I can't call him," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Not that boy, the other boy. Rider," he whispered. Then he was gone.

I sobbed as he left. I called Rider quick, relieved to hear his voice.

"Hey, Sky. What's up?" He asked, casual.

"I was hit by a car. In my home. Please help," I begged. My head was pounding and I was tired.

"What? How did that happen?" He demanded. "I'm on my way. Just hold still, okay?"

I mumbled something into the phone, blackness retiring my body.

Sorry it's so short again. I just wanted to update real quick. I'll try to get another chapter in tonight, but no promises. Thank you for reading!!!