Chapter 26: Joining The Fold.

Y/N pov:

I walk around the firing range for a bit, until I find the sheep who broke up the fighr. She's just sulking in the corner now, odd. I walk to her, and even standing right in front of her, she doesn't seem to notice me. I wave my hand in front of her face, and she jolts a bit, and looks up at me. "H-Hello?" My eyes widen, and my mind draws a blank as I hear her speak. Am I sure this is the same person..? I tilt my head a bit in confusion, and finally think of something to say to her.

"Hi... you pulled me off that dude?" I point nonchalantly behind me. She looks away. "Oh... right..." "Well, I just wanted to apologize, I'm sorry for making a scene." Her eyes widen. "O-Oh, it's fine, he deserved to be taught a lesson anyway." I'm still confused by the sudden attitude change.

"...Well, my name is Y/N." I extend my hand for a handshake. She smiles weakly and takes it. "I-I'm Lanolin." "Well, that's a pretty name!" She blushes and looks away. "Thanks..." I smile and sit with her. We talk for a while, until I notice that the lightning wisp is staring at me. I smile to Lanolin and stand up. "I have to go, take care of yourself, eh?" She nods, and a walk back to Whisper and the wisps.

The wisp hugs me again. He's certainly very affectionate...  I turn to Whisper. She looks at me with a sore frown. "What's going on?" I ask. "He's been through a lot... at least, a lot for a wisp anyway. His name is Spark."

"Spark, how cute."

I look down, and see he's fallen asleep in my arms. I smile, and look back at Whisper. "You know, I'm gonna go ask Ms. Rose if I can keep him!" Whisper smiles. "She probably will, he refuses to work with anyone but you."

"Yea... Why me specifically though?" She looks away. "Did he tell you?" I ask, confused. She nods, and takes her mask off. "He has an inferiority complex, he's upset that he's never picked because people want him, it's ususlly because he's the last option." "Oh, huh, never seen a wisp with emotional issues..." I hold him a bit tighter. "You picked him because you wanted to, that's why he likes you."

I smile as I realize the good that I've done for Spark. We talk for a bit longer, then I head off to the room to drop Spark with Tangle. When I get there she's still asleep.

Wow, such laziness.

I lay Spark in the bed next to her, and shake her. She grumbles and shuts her eyes really tight. "Noooooo!" "Babe, you don't have to get up, just watch this wisp for me, his name is Spark." She looks at the wisp for a moment, then shuts her eyes again. "Mkay..." I smile and walk out of the room, heading to the Control Room.

Once I get there I see her hunched over a desk, doing some paperwork. "Miss Rose?" She jumps a bit, and looks at me, looking annoyed. "What?" I walk towards her, a bit nervous. "Umm... I was wondering if I could have one of the lightning wisps in the armory..." she chuckles a bit. "The one you fought so very valiantly to protect?" I feel a bit embarrassed. "O-Oh, you saw that..?" "Yea, saw it all happen on the cameras, that wisp has never worked well with other people, until you showed up." "Evidently he likes me because I chose him over the other wisps."

She hums curiously, but drops it. "You can have him, I'll have to do more paperwork, but you won't have to wait."  "Thanks..." I turn to walk away, when I hear her sigh loudly.

"Sorry I was so annoyed when you came in, it's been hectic..." I pat her shoulder, and think to ask Tangle if she called up Jewel. "Well, thank you, Miss Rose." "Please, just call me Amy, there's no need to be so formal!" I smile to her. "Well, Amy, thank you!" She smiles back, and I walk out of the Control Room, and back to my room excitedly.

I wonder what kind of stuff me and Spark will get up to!

A/N: Very sorry for not posting a chapter in a while, I was working on my Whisper story. I'll be getting back on this one for now though!