Chapter 15: An Interesting Tale.

"When you don't come from a healthy family, you do your best to ensure a healthy one comes from you."
- Steve Maraboli

Tangle pov:

Me and Jewel walked to the hospital, chatting on our way. We make our way to the hospital, and go inside. We get checked in as visitors, and head up to
Y/N's room.

When we get there I see him curled into a ball on the bed, fast asleep. I sit down next to him, and pet his head gently. He smiles and makes small cute noises. I smile and turn to Jewel, who's also smiling. "I remember the first time he was sick around us... he didn't want to go home, and you wanted to help. Remember? You were always so careful when it came to him, I guess you still are in a way."

I smile and turn back to him. "He's just so perfect... he's everything I've ever wanted from life." I look after him for hours. After a while, I gently climb into the bed with him, being careful not to damage any medical equipment or wake him up. I set him in my lap and hold him tight. He feels so warm in my arms.

After a while I feel him moving around. I look at him and see his eyes have opened. They look bloodshot and have bags under them, but he's awake! "Morning sleepyhead!" He smiles and waves. "You doing alright?" "Yep, just about, just really tired. What happened anyway? I don't remember too much." I proceed to tell the story of what happened, the robot crushing his house, the state I found him in. And the delusions he was having.

He looks a bit concerned. "All I remember is going to my place to pack, then nothing." "Well you also tried to drink yourself to death, so there is also that." He laughs a bit, coughing. "Well, I guess I have to move in with you now." I laugh too. "Yea, that's gonna be so much fun!" We talk for a bit longer, mostly about what we'll do together. After a while though, he starts looking around.

"Where's my phone?" I look around as well, and find it on the table beside the bed. I grab it with my tail and hand it to him, continuing to hug him. He smiles and kisses my cheek, then takes it, looking through it. After a while of scrolling, he audibly groans, and lays his head back, onto my chest. "You have to be kidding..."

I'm a bit concerned as I hear him. "Whats wrong?" He looks up at me, looking annoyed.

"My parents are coming to the hospital..."

I hear both him and Jewel sigh. I remember what they did to Y/N... how they treated him... I never saw them much after Y/N turned 18, i also never saw a lot of him after he turned 18 either though...  He went to college right out of high school, I missed him so much for so long. I think he missed me too. When he came back he wasn't the same at all, much more monotone and uncaring. He seems to be a bit better now that I'm around. That's... That's honestly really cute!

"So... how did you get where you are now?" He smiles a bit. "I got the job at the tech company in Central City, at the time it was the best thing to ever happen to me, since my schedule had just been freed up quite a bit. And... well... I just left. They couldn't stop me. That's why you didn't see me for a while, I was trying to fly under the radar for a bit." I get a bit upset at that. "Yeah I remember, you left me in the dark for months, I was worried sick! You checked on me like, once before I left. And I hadn't heard from you since!" He looks a bit ashamed as I say that.

"I'm sorry... I just didn't want you guys to worry, I wanted to be in a better position the next time we met..."

"It's ok now... it's fine, because now we have each other, and-" We hear a loud knocking on the door. Y/N groans loudly and whispers to himself.

"Great... just wonderful."