Chapter Fourteen

Aera arrives in King's Landing, moving effortlessly through the crowd, yet her noble guise goes unnoticed. Despite her efforts to blend in, curious eyes inevitably turn to catch a glimpse of her.

Spotting Margaery and Sansa walking together, Aera discreetly approaches, eager to overhear their conversation. The topic emerges—Sansa's marriage to Lord Tyrion Lannister. A knowing smile graces Aera's lips, recognizing Sansa's innocence, while Margaery imparts her wisdom. Perhaps it's time to finally engage with Margaery, a formidable player in the Game of Thrones.

"Lady Sansa," Aera's voice calls from behind, prompting both ladies to turn. Sansa's face lights up at the sight of Aera, and the Stark girl rushes into a heartfelt embrace.

Aera warmly reciprocates the hug, while Margaery keenly observes her, appreciating the undeniable beauty before her.

As Sansa releases her, she notices Aera's exquisite dark blue dress that gracefully accentuates her figure. Aera, despite seeking anonymity, possesses an allure that captivates those around her. Disguised as a brunette with darkened eyes, she attempts to deflect attention, though gazes linger nonetheless.

"And who might you be?" Margaery inquires with her sweet voice. Sansa, trusting Margaery but concerned for Aera's safety, introduces her friend.

"I'm Aera, My Lady," Aera replies with poise, but Margaery's curiosity persists.

"Your nobility is apparent. From your appearance, everyone recognizes your highborn status. Which house claims you?" Margaery prods.

Sansa, quick on her feet, weaves an intricate tale. "Umm... This is Lady Aera Dustin. Lady Margaery, she has the blood of House Dustin. She's about to marry some Lord here in King's Landing," Sansa explains, creating a huge lie about Aera being a Dustin when she's far from it."

Aera smiles and nods, aware of Margaery's suspicion but unbothered by it. She understands the Lady's proximity to Sansa and decides to let it slide.

"I have distant ties to House Dustin; our bloodline coincidentally intertwines. I was meant to be wed, but then the war happened, and plans changed," Aera weaves a more believable lie, seemingly indifferent to the unfolding circumstances.

"Well, you are indeed a beauty. Any lord would eagerly marry someone like you," Margaery remarks, her words sincere without a hint of malice.

"Your kindness is appreciated, My Lady. However, if I'm honest, marriage isn't something I desire," Aera reveals her true sentiments, her reluctance evident.

"I am to be wed to Tyrion Lannister, and it's not my choice," Sansa interjects suddenly. Aera looks at her, feigning surprise, even though she's already aware of Sansa's predicament.

"Lord Tyrion?" Aera questions, and Sansa nods, expressing her reluctance to marry into a family that sought her own kin's downfall.

Margaery scans their surroundings and, with a tactful smile, envelops both Sansa and Aera, guiding them away.

"People tend to talk; we should move along," Lady Margaery suggests, her smile concealing any underlying motives.

Aera observes the curious gazes of onlookers, realizing that their trio attracts attention. This is why she often prefers the shadows, away from prying eyes.

"Well, My Lady, who do you wish to marry?" Aera inquires, attempting to lighten the mood. Sansa turns to them, Margaery standing between the two.

"Ser Loras," Sansa dreamily answers, a smile playing on her face, as if she's deeply in love. Aera turns to Margaery, subtly questioning her, fully aware of the man's preferences.