Chapter Thirty Eight

Myrcella spends the whole supper saying thank you to Aera who keeps telling her that it's fine. Arianne shows Aera her room and which the Princess happily accepts.

They seem to click.

Aera cannot rest. A new chapter in her life unfolds before her eyes, a new threat comes and with that threat, a new aid arrives.

She has to talk to them.

Someone knocks on the door resulting in Aera veering around. The door slowly opens to reveal Myrcella. "Did I wake you up?" She asked and Aera shakes her head.

"Are you alright?" Aera asked and she nodded before entering the chamber.

"I can't sleep after what occurred to you. I really wanted to say thank you for saving me" Myrcella expressed and Aera smiles before asking the girl to come and sit with her on the mattress.

Myrcella happily sits beside Aera.

" I think the whole supper you did nothing but say thank you, it's fine now, Myrcella. You don't have to worry about anything. " Aera reassures.

"It's just that... No one would really do that for me. You did it without having a second thought. " Myrcella muttered.

" Don't ever think that, Myrcella. I would do it again in a heartbeat." Aera affirmed.

Myrcella took a deep breath and Aera notice the girl wanted to say something but she doesn't trust her. Aera grabs the girl's hands." You can trust me and I promise you, I will keep it a secret"

" You said you've met my Uncle Jaime, I'm sure you already heard about rumors about my-"

" I do, but it's a baseless rumor. It doesn't matter who your father is, what matters is that you are you. " Aera said. She doesn't care about any of that, the mistake of the parents cannot be blamed on the children.

" Is it wrong that I'm happy about him being my father?" Myrcella suddenly asked.

Aera frowns.

" I... A part of me has always known about it. Robert Baratheon doesn't seem like my father, I always see him with women and maybe that's the reason why my mother did it" Myrcella said, she seems unsure of what to feel.

This poor innocent girl.

"Uncle Jaime is different, he seems to become more of a father than my father. He cares more, and I've always wanted to have that kind of a father" Myrcella let out. Aera smiles upon hearing about this.

Myrcella is smart and kind, if only Westeros wasn't sexist, she might be the perfect ruler out of the three Lannister children. She's Kind and Passionate and not a pushover like her brother Tommen.

"I've met Jaime before... I'm sure he always wanted to become your father but never got a chance. Once you've met him... Tell him what you really felt. And thank you for trusting me" Aera conveyed and Myrcella put up a smile.

She's been holding it together for a very long time but now she manages to say things to the person who save her. She doesn't know but she trusts her.

"Since I know everything, seeing my brother on the Throne felt so wrong," Myrcella said resulting in Aera being startled, she figured that Myrcella is more intelligent than most. "I know I mustn't say anything like that but... We are not the true heir, we don't have any claim on the Throne." Myrcella told.

"And who should be the one sitting on the Throne?" Aera inquired.

"It should be one of the father's brothers. But all of them are deceased now because of the war. Do you know about the two Targaryen on Essos?" Myrcella suddenly asked.