𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏

Start from the beginning

Hovering the umbrella above you two, you continue, "The station is quite far from here, and my house is just a few steps. You can have this umbrella with you."

"Hiraeth, I'm very jealous of you."

Her words took you by surprise.

"Oh? Why the sudden declaration?"

"You don't have this pain that I felt."

Confused, you let her hold the umbrella."Eh? Then, I should be grateful that I maintain my healthy routine—"

"You are not in love with someone who doesn't share the same."

That's enough to shut you up. She stared at you before wordlessly walking past.

Turning around, you watch her figure getting smaller and smaller and disappear from the corner of the building; the words she spoke to you had you wondering the meaning behind them. Are you someone worth being jealous of?

You snapped out from your trace when the rain stopped pattering on your skin, you looked up and noticed a black umbrella hovering over you.

You cautiously turned around to look at the perpetrator. Was it the elation that you felt the moment you saw him?

He fixed his narrowed eyes on yours, his eyebrows knitted together and his lips thinned into a line as he gazed. Rain from the overcast sky won't bother you while you're under his umbrella's protection.

"Are you stupid?"Even though he was frowning, you ccould hear the concencernn in his voice as he asked, "Why on earth would you be standing in the midst of the rain?"

You couldn't muster an answer, but he doesn't seem to bother and wrapped his dry cloak around you nonetheless. He took off his glove and swept your wet bangs out of your eyes. "Let's go in. If nothing else, I can get you a cup of steaming coffee."

"Why are you being so kind to me?"

Your hand sprang up to cover your lips as a grimace formed on your face at the unexpected outburst.

"Ignore it--"

"So this is what you mean by 'kind'?" With shocks on his face, he examines you. "You need to set greater goals. As a matter of fact, this is the very least one can do."

"I thought I made everything clear yesterday."Then he looked at you, it was as if you were an idiot.

"That I like you."

"Not your sister?"

He chuckles lightly. "I adore her, but you are just... something else."

"What, am I a roach?" You snorted at his answer. "I could be something different from what you expected."

"I see you with my heart, not with my eyes."

Ba-dump!

You despise him once again due to the simple for way in which he is able to increases your heart rate.

I suppose you might be wrong, Nightfall.

I, too, have the same problem as you.

Aside, it's on someone I shouldn't.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked, and you hummed.

"Hmm, a southern stew sounds good."

"I know right?! I can ask my sister to make some."

"...suddenly, I don't want to eat that."

"Really?" His head perked up, and he pondered for a moment. "Should I make croquettes for you?"

"You can cook?"You look at him, amused.

"Yeah, I can just follow my sister's recipes."

Your amusement dissipated.

"You've cured me, Yuri. I suddenly have a craving for pizza; let's have takeout instead. Your treat."

"Well, I love treating people."

"Sure, are you rich or something?"

"Yes."

You snapped your head at him. "What?"

"I am rich."

No way.

Wealthy, someone locals, you can see that he has abs and tiddies from his stature, gentleman, his sister complex is fixed, and he likes you, won't look at other girls. Minus his job, he is perfect for your husband candidate. Too prefect.

Target locked.

In an instant, you grabbed both his hands tightly. "Will you marry me?"

"W-w-what?!"

It would be in your best interest to observe as his face burst into flames while also sensing the weakness in his legs as he came dangerously close to passing out. However, you were oblivious to this fact as the unexpected blessing that materialised in front of you caused your vision to become hazy with sparkling stars.

While this is going on, Loid is looking out the window and almost spills the drink he has in the mug he is holding as he watches the event unfold.

He always does that when he sees you around, making sure you enter the apartment securely.

If it were Yuri who proposed to you, he would've shot him right there and then, but since it was you who did it, he doesn't know what to do.