𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐈𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐘

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"What a sight..."

Both you and Twilight stared incredulously at the state of red color smudge upon the old wooden door.

"I thought it was blood but..."You quizzically tilted your head while tracing your fingertips on it, "It smells like... ketchup?"

"No, eggplant?"

"No, no, it's ' No, pineapple '."Cosmos added, intensely observing the ugly painting with his fingers on the chin, "I'm betting 10 dalc if it is pineapple."

"All right, no taking back."You agree and tap Twilight's shoulder before pointing at the door,

"You go check it."

"Seriously?"You only shrugged and he rolls his eyes.

"Okay- rock, paper, scissors-! Dang it, Hiraeth! You always pulled out paper!"

"Because you always pulled out rock, dimwit. Now go!"

"I'll let Yor know that you would like to have a taste of her food the next time you visit us, "Twilight mumbled to himself and carefully strides forward but halted in his tracks. His eyebrows knit together. It feels like there is something - no, something is definitely wrong.

"I need to check for something."

The [ color ] eyes shifted to him before checking your watch.

4:58 pm, one hour before your bookstore close. There's this newly published book that was displayed behind the glass pane of the store which caught your attention and you decided to buy it later.

Well, that was the main plan if it wasn't for this sudden mission.

"There is a bomb."

You swore your soul almost leaped out of your mouth at that familiar word. The word you hate the most and Loid's feelings is mutual.

"That guy. How dare he."The blonde clicked his tongue, having you slightly jump when he snapped his head in your direction. "y/n, forget about this mission and go home. I'll... somehow explain these to higher-ups. Me and the others will go after Keith."

You were about to retort his decision but in the end, you chose to remain silent.

"y/n, please."It was one of the rare times the Twilight actually beg for you with pleading eyes. "You must understand that your priority is the most important to me. I couldn't lose you too."

All you could do was give him a small smile, "Am I really that important to you, huh?"

"If I had to choose between you and the world, my answer wouldn't change."

"I know, I know. I'll be waiting for you at Kemono Park then. Please return to us safely."

In return, he gave you a relief smile for your understanding, nodding his head before motioning to the others.

You stood there for a good 1 minute until someone cleared their throat to earn for your attention.

"Cosmos, why aren't you following them?"You chuckled. None of you budge from your spot.

"Na, " he shortly replied, "Twilight told me to escort you there. After all, they got him with them so they will be fine."

"He didn't... did he?"

Seeing you look at him with eyes filled with doubt, he curled the corner of his lips this time to assure you,

"Trust your cousin more, Hiraeth. I don't see anything more important than you in his eyes."

"He knew that I hate bombs since we were little."

"We hate it. Every agent of Westalis loathes such a weapon."

"More like a mistake than a weapon."You retorted. "If only such a thing didn't exist... "

"War is a childish fight of those corrupted governments. We are the ones who lose everything, not them."

───────────────

"Thanks again, Cosmos."

"Anything for you, y/n."He winked with a light laugh, lifting his hand to offer you a goodbye wave, "Then I'll be off."

"Thinking again... you never told me your name."

"My name...?"

"Yeah. Your name."

"How rude of me."He lightly laughed and extended his hand out for you to grab. Without hesitation, you did. And that easily becomes one of the worst mistakes you have done.

"The name is Alaric."He grinned and inhale a shallow breath, shaking your hand slightly before tugging you closer to him. "Alaric Schneider."

Dread washed over you when he continues, pulling his face slightly away, "The older brother of your deceased lover."

His previous warm eyes were replaced with a harsh cold winter. The only remained was his smile... or was it a smirk?

You tried to tug your hand away but his grip tightened, to the point you winched in pain.

"Don't you think you are a fool?"He tittered, the low tone of his voice had you shuddered when his mouth was an inch closer to your ear. "You should've changed your first name too. I couldn't even break into a sweat to find where you live, y/n l/n."

"I love my name, thank you very much."You spat as you reeled your head away, returning his glare. "It's the only thing that reminds me who am I."

"And to your past."He rolled his eyes, waltzing on the lone road as if the two of you were the only remained humans on earth. Since it's almost dusk hour, there are no passersby around.

"Ah, the irony, oh, the irony."He sang slowly in a monotone voice, his arm was placed upon your waist to prevent you from escaping.

"What a pitiful fool you are, darling."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

If villain, why hot?

PS; Rewritten cuz I cringed with myself.