𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ; 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

You stared down on the pink haired child; who staring back at you with remarkably bright glittering in her eyes and you swore you saw stars in them — before you look up at the taller male next to her, your hand remain the hold you had with the spoon while stirring your coffee for your daily dose of caffeine.

"I never thought you would be my newly moved in neighbour."You hummed, taking a sip of your drink as your face immediately scrunched. A curse was at the tip of your tongue at the awfully bitter taste once you recall the lack of the amount of sugar that you put in it.

Remembering the child, you immediately shut your mouth together and invited them inside by moving aside.

You watch the way the little girl immediately run over to your papa bear chair in the living room, nodding your head as your permission when she look over at you with pleading stare.

"And I didn't know you have a kid, ' Robert '."Teasing him with the name he used from his previous mission, you gestures him to take a seat as you walked over to the kitchen to make him and the little girl some drinks — and yet you keep the conversation going.

"It shocked me, to be honest. At least invite me to attend your wedding—"

"She was adopted."Loid finally confessed with a sigh, bringing up his hand to running through his blonde hair. "It was part of mission."

Nodding your head, you put some milk in his coffee though your eyes hovered on the child who was paying attention on the beige colored book that you previously read before you heard the sound of ring bell.

Should we be talking about mission while the little girl is still here?

"Televi!"

A high-pitched voice interrupted your thought, making both your and Loid's head turned to the child, who's running over to the TV as she was lightly scolded by her foster father to not sit too close to it.

However, your eyebrows knotted together after seeing her action and there's something unusual with her.

Were you talking your thoughts outloud?

"Pardon for the rudeness."Loid chuckles nervously, scratching the back of his nape and look over at your clock. "It's time for her favorite program being aired."

"I don't mind."You spoke honestly, pointing at the remote on the coffee table before walked over to the two, giving a cup of coffee to the agent after he switch to the channel.

"My favorite!"She pointed at the screen with her index finger as you read the title while handing her a grape juice box.

"Spy Wars?"You turned to the male; who already had his face covered with his palm — in amuse, somehow he is already looking exhausted. "Out of all shows?"

"The title was ridiculous, I'd say."He muttered underneath his breath and you heard him.

"So about the mission, "You started taking a sip of your newly brewed coffee, exhaling a delighted sigh in satisfaction once the right taste hit your tongue. "what is it about?"

He explained to you in details but making sure it would be ununderstandable for Anya despite an amazing intellect of his daughter.

However, you noticed the way the girl glances over to you from time to time, as if she's eavesdropping the conversation and you quirked an eyebrow in suspicious but you could only brushing it off.

For now.

"She even got kidnapped once."

"Kidnapped?!"And how can he said it like it was ordinary thing.

"Yes. That's why I would leave her in your care."

"Wait, wha—"

He put on his fedora and stood up. His now empty mug was placed back on your table. "Anyway, I'm going out so please look after her for me. I'll pay you with a good sum."

He knows you way too well.

"Alright, you have the deal."You sighed and wave at him. "Bring some bread and vegetables on your way back."

As soon as he close the door behind him, your nails drumming against your mug as you look over the girl. With her petite figure, she pretty much should be 4 or 5 years-old at the most. Should you ask someone to do a background check on this girl.

You shook your head. No that should be her father's job. You ain't being a nosey in this matter. Well, that's it but there's something that you need to confirm.

A soft smile gracefully spread across your lips, "Little girl, what's your name?"

"It's Anya! Anya Forger! Chichi's daughter. Anya is six."

"Thank you for going such details, Anya."You grinned, "Do you have anything that you like and hate?"

"Anya like peanuts! Anya hate carrots–blergh."

Now, that's a problem. You only have vegetables especially carrots in your fridge and you pretty sure you don't have peanuts. Why? Because you hate it—

"Auntie hate peanuts?!"

"A-Auntie?!"You gasped in horror.

Did I look that old? , you thought while touching your face, looking at the reflection of your coffee to see any wrinkles from your lack of sleep but you were pretty sure you're only 20. Surely that you should be getting married at your age but —

No, no. That's not the main point— well, it was but currently it's not.

Not after what she just said.

"Now little girl, "You called for her. "are you an esper?"