𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Basking under the cool sunlight of morning, children ran around the park of the street, filling the air with their childish and innocent laughter. Some can be seen with their parents for their jogging routine while some brought their pets along.

Instead of joining their daily healthy life, you chose to laze around on the bench underneath the large tree while waiting for the Forger family when they informed you that Anya want to have a dog.

For what was the reason for her sudden demand, was unknown. However, by doing so, she told her adopted parents that it could improve her academic result.

Though deep down, you knew it was actually an excuse but you also see that there's nothing wrong with adopting one.

Inhaling a deep breath, you exhaled through your nose.

There's something about the fresh air of morning that had you looking forward to it every time you were awake from a nightmare or suffering from insomnia.

Closing your eyes for a moment, you tilted your head up to watch the sunlight shining through the leaves of the tree.

It felt... serene.

Don't take me wrong. You love your house, every single thing of it that you couldn't point out anything that could make you doesn't want to be in it.

But the sudden tranquility when you landed your bottom on the white bench, the sound of birds chirping instead of your family cassette tapes that were always on replays, and a phonograph playing your parents' favorite songs — it was just perfect.

"Max! Max, stop!"

See, as soon as you thought it was perfect. Life said: sike.

"Max! Don't — whoa!"

You craned your head to the source of the voice — which led you to receive a big impact on your face. Your hands instinctively put around it and you felt its' body covered with fur.

You pulled your face away to take a good look at the animal as it start barking at your face

A dog, you noted, a German shepherd breed.

"Max! Get down! I-I'm so sorry!"The voice said once you put down the dog. "Max suddenly started chasing butterfly but he already ran off before I could grab his leash."

This is why I like cats over dogs, you thought and you look at him for a moment before a smile conquered your lips once you has analyzed his face.

"Oh, it's okay. Raising a dog can be hard."That was all you said.

For this boy at his age to know how to properly apologize for his mistake, it seems like he knows some manners. Well, that explains why he is from the Desmond family.

Damian tilted his head, "Do you have a dog too?

Even if he was from a well-known family, he is still nothing but a mere 6 years old.

"No."You answered, "But I have cats."

"Cats, huh?"

"What? You don't like cats?"Your eyes widened in surprise when he shook his head.

"No. Cats are nasty."

"And, why is that?"

He didn't need to answer your question when he just twist his hand to show claw mark scars on his wrist, "Mom said I almost die that day because of this. This happened 2 years ago."

"Are you afraid of cats?"

"What? No!"His face reddened in embarrassment, "Who would be scared of those things? Totally wasn't me!"

"Right."You chuckled and sat back down on the bench, "How about we meet again tomorrow? I'll show you my cute cats so you wouldn't find them as scary as you think?"

He clenched his teeth and huffed, "Pfft, fine. Just to show you that I am not afraid of them!"

Of course, his bashful expression made the corner of your lips curl. Your eyes then shifted to your watch around your wrist. It's almost the promised time.

"Is it a promise?"He suddenly spoke, making you lift your eyes back to him.

A pink hue dusted on his face as he averted his gaze."Tomorrow at the same time, right?"

"Sure. I promise."

Probably you shouldn't have promised something uncertain. Not especially when there is someone, a child at that, looking forward to it.

His eyes brightened and a wide smile emerged from his face. But once he realized his action, his delighted face twisted into a sheepish one, and turned around.

"Oh, yeah, sure. See you around, weird lady."With that, he walked away with his dog. You give him a small wave despite he didn't turn back at you.

You recalled the nickname that was given to you by the child. "Weird lady?"

Alas, it's better than being called auntie.

Unknown to you, it was calm before the storm.

"That kid isn't wrong."Someone stifled their laughter between their words as you groaned and whirled around to look at him.

"Oh, shut it."You glared at the male Briar who only snickered at your reaction. Your eyes fell on his clothes. That explained why he is more good-looking than usual.

"Are you going on a date? Finally, going to end your single life? Oh, the girl has my condolences."

Even if that wasn't the reason why he is wearing a tuxedo, he only snorted since you started this war first. "At least no one called me weird seconds ago."

You smiled at him and he copied your expression when you started cursing, "Jackass."

"Harridan."

And the fact that the two of you have a wide vocabulary for cursing, that surely didn't help at all.

"Tosser."

"Fatuous."

"Vacuous."

"Arschgeige."

"Arschloch."

"Blatherskite."

"Slubberdegullion."

"Schneider."

"Briar."

"Since when last names were an insult."Loid awkwardly piped in, and eventually arrived at the location after Anya found her favorite shoes.

At the sight of her sister, you weren't surprised when Yuri immediately hide behind the tree from being seen.

"Took you long enough. I was about to be a Santa Claus while waiting for all of you."

"Auntie..."Anya mumbled and the three of you look at her until she pointed out,

"Auntie's face is red."

Her comment surely worsened the color on your face since the male is still in the range that he could hear the conversation clearly.

So all you could do is blaming the weather, "It's from the heat!"

And unknown to you too, the color of his face is also similar to yours.