𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ; 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐒

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hiraeth. You know you are in a big crisis."

You groaned at Handler's words, pinching the bridge of your nose, and let out an exasperated sigh. "You don't need to tell me."

It was unknown but somehow your name was listed amongst suspects of agents from Westalis. If you hadn't disguised yourself as the opposite gender and knocked them out when the officers reached out for you, things might end badly as it already is.

She shook her head in disapproval. "I'm disappointed in you."

"Well, my bad."You sarcastically sneered, feeling a little bit irritated at her comment.

"It'd be best if you... build a fake family for a while — I estimated it should be four years at least."

"Sounds exhausting."

"It's preferable if it's somebody from the locals," she says, dismissing your objections. "A person's background can be researched. If you need assistance, you may always consult Twilight."

You blink in disbelief. "Why did you dump all this work on me?"

There was a little arch to her brow as she questioned, "It wasn't me who had my name listed, was I?"

"Marriage isn't a small matter, Handler. Shouldn't I, you know, hack the system?"

"How much are you willing to lose if you are discovered? Pick the one that will keep us safest." After dismissing your suggestion, she relaxed back in her recliner "How come you aren't having any success with it if Twilight was able to? And you have the nerve to claim that you are the second-best agent around here."

You gritted your teeth, seething, "It wasn't I who addressed myself like that. It was you guys."

"You should've proved your worth instead of sulking."She fucking hummed nonchalantly.

You caught your shaking right hand in an instant to save her from choking her on the spot. You were already aware of her rigid nature, but it seems to be magnified in your case. You're not whining since you've obviously seen worse.

Before you could spit a curse, that's just at the tip of your tongue, a knock was heard.

"Excuse me, may I have a second with you."Nightfall's eyes settled on the vermilion-haired woman until she noticed your presence. "Did I interrupt something?"

"No, you are not."Sylvia hastily said and excused for you to leave. You obeyed her words and turned your heels around wordlessly.

"The training room is empty."Nightfall, Fiona to be exact, informed you under her breath as you walked past her, and you were glad for that.

Because you need to let off your steam at the punching bags.

───────────────

You had to make a run before anyone could realize the pile of punching bags lying on the floor was your doings.

Sighing to yourself, the least you could do is be grateful you brought along an umbrella when it starts pouring heavily. You stopped when you noticed a familiar figure standing in the rain.

"Nightfall? What are you doing here?" You inquired, jogging over to where she was. The rain blocked the noise, so you wouldn't have to worry if anyone heard you saying her codename.