𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎 ;

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ; 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘

━━━━━━━━━━━━

When you read her answer sheets, your nose scrunches up at her literally gibberish answers. Her handwriting is terrible. So is her spelling.

And she seems completely unconcerned about her performance and instead chooses to continue playing with her dolls as if the rest of the world does not exist. You take off your glasses and give your temples a little massage before directing your finger toward the girl with the rosy hair.

"That child has disappointed me; bring me a better one."

Anya's head quickly turned to gaze at you in shock as she heard your mean remarks.

"Now, now, y/n."Loid walked up to you when he noticed the tears in his daughter's eyes. "Don't you think you are being too harsh—"

He was cut off when you shoved Anya's previously marked exam paper to his face,

"Take a look at her answer, Mr. Forger, and I'm betting my pinky finger you won't dare to say that again."

"You're exaggerating, "Loid mumbles and decides to scan for her answers. Her chicken scratch writing already made it hard to decipher what she meant to write, but it was understandable for that, and he made a mental note to improve her writing.

But why did she write numbers on the blank answer on English paper?

The answer is literally in the paragraph.

And she even drew something that doesn't have any relation to the answer.

Is that a lion or a cow?

Anya pipes in, "It's a peanut."

Loid's previous smile slowly turned into a thin line when the chance of Anya getting at least 40 vanished. Maybe. Just maybe, he could reconsider your words.

"ANYA!"Both Loid and your heads turned to the child. A determined look plastered on her face as she stood on her feet, "Anya will study harder!"

"Yeah, we can agree on that." You sighed at her lame explanation since you knew she wouldn't follow through on her promise. She gave out an indignant gasp as she overheard your idea, but you continued to gather your belongings and stood up, nevertheless. You glance at the wall clock casually. "Since I believe a sale is occurring, allow me first to excuse myself."

Yor suggested, "Would you like to stay for later? We are about to make lunch."

You drew a pause before humming. Loid's cooking always left you with a warm, tingling sensation, and you would murder someone for his cuisine if you had the chance.

When Loid noticed your hopeful expression, he cut you off abruptly before you could agree, "It's Yor's turn to cook, however." And he could almost hear your hopes crashing to the ground.

"I'm sorry, but—" You swallowed hard so she wouldn't pick up on the disappointment in your tone. "Unfortunately, I had to refuse since the sale is coming to a close shortly. And the granny with her signature handbag will be there. She's always there when there's a sale."

"Awww, that's too bad."

"Take care, and if it's okay for you, can you get us some tomatoes?" You gave him the ring sign and started walking to the door, but as soon as your hand reached for the knob, something—or someone, to be more precise—fell to the ground.

"Oww, "Your lips curl into a teasing smile as you hear him wince and crane your head down.

"Oh, look, who do we have here? I don't know that you fell for me already?"