𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ; 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘

[ rewrite]

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'm sorry."

The two members family were met with an apologetic look on your face. "I suddenly remembered I have some things to do."

"Is that so?"Yor mumbled in deject, mimicking your look, "I do hope we could spend more time together. It's too bad that Loid is taking his-."

"Chichi's taking a long crap. Because mommy made us breakfast today."

As soon as the words left the child's mouth, Yor's face erupted into flame, "You know it was me?!"

"Now, now, Anya."You lightly scold her when murmurs and whispers can be heard as their sly eyes are now casted on her foster mom. They probably- no, they will mock her for her flaw.

"You shouldn't have said that."

' we will have a talk later, young lady. ' You gave her a stern look and she flinched, lowering her head down and nodding slowly.

"Then I will be going. Have a good time you two."Offering them a little wave, you exited the animal shelter building.

As soon as you stepped outside, a young boy passed by. Your [ color ] hue settled on his pure face as he laughed, holding his parents' hands with him walking in the middle.

Dressed so neatly, they were probably going out somewhere. Sparing a final glance at the backs of the happy family, you turned your gaze to the man standing in front of you.

"Cosmos."

He pull his hand out from his pocket to wave at you when you called him by his codename, "Hey. It has been a long time since the last time we met at your boutique."

His eyes fluttered close with the corner of his lips curled up into a thin smile as he said so. The two of you walked over to the car that he drove here and you took the passenger seat.

"The headquarters told us to track the van down."His smile disappeared as it was replaced with a cold look when he start driving, "However, I received pieces of information from other agents that it has been sighted in an alley near the central station."

"It's pretty close to where we are."You hummed and he snapped his finger at you.

"Correct." Dropping his tone of voice, the agent provided further details. "I already mentioned the headquarters of what routes they could be taking from there."

"Then we shouldn't waste any more time."

"But..."He started, simultaneously making you look at him, "That's not what our mission is."

He gestured for the map in the glove compartment, "They gave us this marked map and we need to inspect the whole building of position B1 for that Kevin Knowles."

You observe the location before throwing your gaze at the window, "That clock building, huh?"

He only nodded, thus ending the conversation. Well, that's what he intended but when you decided to spark a new natter, his smile returned.

"Is it just me or we have been partnered up in missions together more frequently than with the others?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Really? I hadn't noticed."

"Are you for real?"The way you gave him a skeptical look, he dissolves into laughter. His weird action caused your eyebrows to furrow together.

"What's so funny?"

"Your face."

"Hey-"

He shook his head with a light smile, eyes remaining focused on the road. "It's probably because I have taken a liking to how you handle your mission, Stardust."

Before you could reply, he had already pulled over the car. "We're here."

"Is this the real building? It looks like it was about to collapse."You muttered as he loaded a gun and handed it to you. He took some other spare guns before putting them around his belt.

"Apparently. Twilight and the others will arrive shortly after so we better get going."

───────────────

"Did you find him?"

"No."You shook your head, clicking your tongue in frustration. Where would that guy be?

Cosmos look over the window and scowled. "We can't exactly search the area with SSS around. "

That's when he spotted a car parked next to his. "They're here."

"You have checked every room in this building?"Twilight asked again for confirmation. You pondered for a while.

"No. Unless..."Your eyes widened in realization at the last room at the end of the third floor. It was a question of why you have a bad feeling about the door but...

"There is one on the third floor."It was probably your mind wanted to play trick with you due to your sleep-deprived state. It's better if you brush it off.

Twilight nodded his head in understanding, "Everyone stay alert. He is probably still in here so pay attention."

You lead them to where the door was located, all of them stood beside the wall as you walked closer to it. Kicking the door down would be the safest option but why is your body refuse to do so?

"Hiraeth, "Twilight called for you upon seeing your hesitation.

"Yeah, I know."You shouldn't waste any more time.

However, when you twisted the door knob and push it slightly, your whole body froze. Your eyes were casted down on something and Twilight took notice of it.

"Hiraeth?"

The sight of the black wire that was about to snap had your blood drained completely from your face. Your hand started to turn white from how tight you gripped it.

"Twilight."Your trembled voice filled with despair, "I'm sorry."

The moment you apologized, they knew it was too late. Nevertheless, none of them blame you. It was their mistake for being careless.

"I'm sorry..." Spills the whisper from your lips as you cry.

It carries your remorse, your loathing for your powerlessness, your hatred for this bloody fate- those wretched terrorists - and this god-damned war.

If only you live in a world where there is no war, you probably could finally sleep peacefully.

Such a thing was your last thought before the sound of something snapped erupted, and your vision was consumed by darkness.

As soon as the clock bell rings loudly throughout the capital of Berlint, a sound of explosion followed after.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Only for your eyes fluttered open to look at the familiar park in front of you. The angelic laughter reached your ears for the second time.

Why are you here?

"Auntie, hey, weird auntie. Hellooooo."

"Huh?"

"Seriously, you started talking and then fell asleep out of blue."

Still in daze, you look at the young son of Desmond with a puzzled look before you put pieces of information together.

"Ah, probably I'm still sleepy."

"Then you should go home. A lady shouldn't sleep in public, geez."He huffed and you giggles at his remark.

"Okay, okay. Thank you for the advice~"

Right, you were waiting for the Forger Family.