𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ; 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Home.

In the depth of the caliginous sky, seemingly the moon is hiding behind the clouds rather than showing itself tonight, Yuri Briar just wants to go home.

After pulling straight five days of all-nighters, the thought of his soft fluffy bed filled his mind throughout his journey to return to his pleasant apartment.

Another yawn escaped his mouth, hiding it behind his palm, a manner that was taught by his sister.

That's the third time in five minutes, he drowsily thought while peering over the huge clock at the train station, waiting for the last train to arrive.

"Well, well? Didn't get enough sleep, officer?"

"Yeah."He curtly replied, droopy eyes still trained on the clock.

"There are some cases of someone falsely exposing the corrupted part of this country by taking pictures of random things and editing it to make it look real—"His hand flew up to clasp his mouth shut, simultaneously stopping himself from spewing the pieces of information from leaking even more.

Probably due to fatigue, he found himself lowering his guard in the public. How foolish of him.

His eyes anxiously glance over to the person who decided to start a conversation with him and lowered his hand, looking at them puzzled. "Neighbor?"

"I'm not your neighbor though."

"Sorry, I didn't quite catch your name last time."He apologized and you only hummed. He gave you a weird look.

"So?"

"Hm?"

"Your name?"

"Mine?"

"Yes, yours."

"Yuri Briar."

"Oi, that's mine."

"It also could be mine."

"I—"He started but cut himself off. You watch as his face contorted into various expressions, probably overthinking the lie you made up.

"I'm pretty sure Yor said 'Schneider' the last time we met."He concluded, his chest puffed out in pride at the fact he remembered the details. You stared at him wordlessly and snorted.

"Congratulations."You gave him a slow clap to humor him, "Finally figuring it out?"

"About what?"

"Nevermind."That was all you replied. You didn't even look in his direction. "Just call me 'Miss Schneider' as everyone else does."

"But..."He started. "I really want to know your name."

"Then you better rephrase those words. That's not how you ask someone's name."

Realizing it, he took a deep breath and pondered the coherent choice of words. "May I ask your name, please...?"

Satisfied with his answer, you gave the male a cheeky smile."Atta boy."

"B-Boy?"A surprise was written all over his face with dust of pink hue on his cheeks. It seems like you know how to turn the color of his face every time the two of you met.

"Cute. But I still won't tell my name."

He took a step forward. "Why?!"

"Whoa there, don't interrupt my personal space, officer. There are some boundaries you shouldn't cross. Why do you even want to know my name though?"

The color on his face darkened for some reason.

"Well, " You began. "my name could be Ethan or Lyra or a spy or an apple or—"

"A spy, you say?"

You shrugged lightly."A pie. I said a pie."

"You can't be a food."

"Cannibals exist for some reason."You huffed and he gave you a dumbfounded look.

"I can be anything I want, you can be anything you want, and yadda yadda yadda. Same things."You grinned,

"For example."

Straightening yourself, "Sly spy, "your hand was placed on your chest before gesturing it to him, "Dumb police."

"I'm not a dumb police."He sneered, narrowing his eyes.

"Right, "A humored smile hovered your lips, looking over his shoulder at the departed series of a railroad car, "and that's not your train."

"HUH?"He was about to run after it but somehow he is stuck. Like he couldn't move at all. Looking down at his feet, his eyes return to you when he heard you faking a cough.

You showed him a pack of chewing gums, shaking it slightly as if to irking him even more. To which, you did.

"This is clearly vandalism, you madwoman!"He screamed, trying to pull his feet as you retreat to your train, still facing the male.

"Then make this world a better place, officer."You wave your hand with a smile. "Don't miss me too much~!"

He send you a glare but it didn't affect you at all. Despite the door is now shut close, you still show the gum through the transparent window.

A small laugh escaped from you when his figure vibrates in both embarrassment and anger despite the train starting to move. Your laugh turn into a loud guffaw when you could hear him screaming even from the distance.

"T-THAT CRAZY WOMAN!!"

He is already out of the sight, and yet, you stayed there. You watch the way your carefree facade melted away from your face through the reflection from the window.

The [ color ] eyes trail down to your fist and uncurled it open to reveal the tracker that you were supposed to put inside his pocket coat and leave quietly without him noticing your presence.

Well, that's the original plan if he didn't sway back and forth and lose his balance to hug the floor but your body somehow didn't move by itself and take a hold of his side, thus preventing the accident from happening.

It should have just gone by as a small talk instead of having a conversation. But it seems like he keeps you entertained more than he should have.

Minutes passed before you forced your body to move to your seat.

"Moron. He didn't even notice I called him 'officer'."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Extra ;

Yuri left his shoe behind and walk back home because he missed his train.