𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔

        — 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Damn it, "Yuri grumbled, irritatedly loosening his tie from blocking the airflow in his lungs. He should have stayed in the investigating room, forcing the Westalian spies to vomit their secrets so why?

"Why do I have to do things like this?"

"Cheer up, lieutenant."His friend nudged his side firmly, casting his gaze back at the window, knowing all too well they're being watched."We just need to escort that Westalian. That's all."

"I'm well aware of that very much."He grunted and glance over to his wristwatch, a brand that's the same as yours. His gaze softened.

"It was a matching watch. There's one lady who bought this too, "He remembered the lady said soon after he bought it. He planned on refunding it today after spending one day of thinking — resulting in him reaching this resolution.

However, when he saw it was you who bought it, there's a wave of relief and euphoria swirled in his eyes.

Oh dear, how deep has he fallen for you?

1 minute left before 5 pm, he irritatedly thought, exhaling a heavy sigh. "Great. Just great. The flower shop will close at 5 pm."

Looks like he will push the date to buy the bouquet for you tomorrow. It was a shame—

"You're seeing someone, sir?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you look equivalent happy just like Dominic when he starts thinking about his girlfriend. So I thought you might be the same, sir."

"Nonsense, I'm going to visit my sister later."He brushed them off with the given excuse and they bought it easily. Looks like his lunatic behavior could have the credit as their excited face fades away.

To have his colleagues could easily read the expression he had on his face, he was disappointed in himself.

Darn you for always lingering in his mind.

Though... he had to be honest, he wants to visit his sister just to see you. If he was given a chance, maybe he could ask you out—

Dong! Dong! Do—Ka-boom!!

Yuri's head turned to the source of the explosion that erupted as soon as the bell of the clock tower rang.

"What in the world?!"

"Explosion?!"

However, the male stared at the clouds of smoke in a daze. It's just an explosion, but his body moves on its own. It almost seems like something twists his stomach and screams for him to go there but—

"Second Lieutenant."

The harsh voice had him frozen in his spot. Slowly, he turned his head

"Boss...? What are you doing here?"

The older man only smiles but it didn't reach his eyes as they're hidden behind his glasses, his infamous cigarette in his fingers.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"I just... want to check for something."

"Something? Oh, you meant the explosion."He erupted into a burst of laughter and waves him off, "Don't bother yourself, the others can handle it."

"But—"

"Are you defying me?"

Yuri swallowed a lump in his throat before returning to his previous position, lifting his hand in a form of salute, "...no, sir."

He scoffed, eyeing him from head to toe. "Don't lower your guard, Briar. It might be a trap."

"I am ashamed of myself, sir."

"You're forgiven. However, there will be no next time."

And just like that, he forced himself to ignore the bad feelings that he had.

───────────────

Yuri watched as Anya plays with her dolls quietly in the corner of the living room. The television that is screening 'Spy Wars' was left ignored, doing much as background noise instead.

"Sis, how are your feelings?"The addressed gave her little brother a limp smile. 3 days have passed since the incident, and that's when Yuri could finally returns home.

"I can't tell, Yuri. It's just... everything is way too sudden."She shook her head slowly and reach her hands to hold his brother's bandaged ones,

"But Yuri, how about you?"

"...huh?"

"You look like you haven't taken care of yourself. Did you get enough sleep?"

His dark bags under his eyes told her the opposite but Yuri didn't dare to lie on her face so he decided to switch the topic.

"Enough about me."He unconsciously pulled his hands away in discomfort. He averted his gaze to the pink-haired child, "What are you going to do with that kid—"

He immediately silenced himself when he noticed the little figure trembling. Yor jumped to her feet and walks over to the crying girl, concern laced in her whispers of, 'It's okay, Anya.' and ' I'm here ' when she cradles her in her arms.

"A-Anya... Anya miss chichi."The girl whimpers silently as her tears pour down on her cheeks while his sister stroke her hair.

"Anya and I will return to Nielsberg."Yor eventually answered her brother's previous question.

"I'll just... find a new job there and start a new life."

───────────────

As he sat on the bench that you previously sat on 3 days ago, he couldn't help but envy his sister's optimism. If only he could have a piece of it, he wouldn't be looking like this good-for-nothing wight.

His swollen eyes scanned through the park and they eventually fell on the lone black-haired child. He recalled he was the last person you gaily chatted with before... that disaster.

He has been here since morning and the sun is now setting. The boy had his nose a snot, from all the crying or the cold or maybe both, even though he doesn't have any idea.

He probably felt frustrated and betrayed, yet, he still waited, thinking you had to do some errands and didn't forget their pinky promise.

Yuri knew he had to tell the boy that you won't show up. He perhaps wouldn't say to him directly that you died but he will let himself think about this later since he felt the familiar sting in his eyes.

Unable to restrain the emotions welling up inside him, he hung his head low.

From there, he seemed to anguish, as if restraining his impulses over and over, and after breathing in several times, the tears he could not hold back trickled from the corners of his eyes.

"Ah..."His hollow voice was raspy, but there was boundless, undiminished love within it.

"Just when I finally realized my feelings for her."

𝐎𝐁𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 ;;

𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐈𝐆𝐔𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝟏𝟎𝟎𝐊 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 !!!