I heard a sharp gasp from behind me.

Sigh, I wonder who that might be.

I turned around to see a white outline of a person, I stretched out my hand, grabbed the the hat of the person, and lifted it off of her.

"How did you get here?" i asked

"YOU'RE THE CHAMPION OF THE MORAI!" screamed Annabeth.

"Yes, I am, can you be any louder please, I'm pretty sure Australia didn't hear you properly."

"What, how? Why? Whe-'' I just put my hand over her mouth.

"Answer me, how did you get here?"

I took my hand off of Annabeth so she can speak. "Of, course, I'm sorry m'lord."

"Where the Hades did 'm'lord' come from."

"You're the champion of the morai, you should be treated with respect."

"I don't care about that, just drop the titles and tell me how you got here."

"I bribed argus and hid myself in the front seat of the van, he dropped me off just around the corner, m-" she was about to say m'lord again.

"Well can you just go back to camp please?" I ask.

"But why? I can help just as much as grover or clarisse. I told you before, having three people on a quest isn't a rule, it's a guideline, and I'm already here. I can be useful on this quest and you know it, so why won't you let me join."

"Because nagini."

"What's that?" asked annabeth.

I lifted my right hand and the stone snake came to life. "Do you remember what you did to him?"

"Yes, and can you really blame me for trying to kill a monster? Something that every demigod trains to kill?"

"I don't care about that, you tried to hurt my friend, so suck up your pride, apologize. If he forgives you, I'll consider letting you on the quest."

Annabeth looked directly at nagini and after a moment of hesitance, she said through gritted teeth "I'm sorry."

"Master, while I have not forgiven her, but it is wise to let her come on this quest, after all, she is the only one here, excluding me, that has common sense." nagini hissed out

"Did you really have to say that?" I sarcastically said.

"It was a fact that may influence your decision, and therefore must be said."

I look at Annabeth contemplatively, on one hand, I don't like her she tried to hurt nagini. But on the other hand, Nagini trusts her, and he's smarter than me.

"We can do this quest without her, right?" I said to nagini.

"Yes."

I look back to annabeth. "I'm sorry, but Nagini doesn't forgive you."

For a moment Annabeth looked crestfallen, before she had a dark gleam in her eye.

"I didn't want to do this, but I am. You wan't the fact that you're the champion of the fates to be kept a secret right? If you send me back to camp right now, then I'll tell themmmm. Mmm! MMMMMMM!"

When Annabeth finished her sentence something... disturbing happened.

Puncture marks dotted her lower and upper lip, and a light blue glowing thread suddenly thread itself between her lips, forcing them shut.

I cold chill went down my back as I recognised the thread, a fate string. The type of string that I see when I activate the 'champion of the morai' title.