Chapter 23- Reconciliation

Xiao POV

"Xiao! I have an amazing idea!" Lumine exclaimed as she ran up to him once it was morning. "Wanna know what it is? I bet you do!" "No I don't." Xiao replied flatly. "I do not trust your amazing ideas at all." She deadpanned at him and flipped him off, and continued. "Well, remember when I said I'd destroy the enmity between you and Tarts? Well now I know how to-" "Please no, not this stuff again." Xiao groaned.

"-make that happen. I'm going to have a hangout with all three of us. And I will make sure that it works. So what do you say, huh?" Xiao looked absolutely dead internally. "No." Lumine sighed. "Oh alright, I suppose. I can't force you now, can I?"

Xiao did look somewhat surprised and relieved as he said, "Wow, I can't believe you gave up that easily." Lumine shrugged. "I mean, if you're willing to abandon your precious Almond Tofu for an entire year just to stay away from Childe, then I'm not really in any position to stop you."

That certainly caught his attention. "Ex-freaking-cuse me? I never agreed to that!" Lumine gave him a sly grin. Oh, that little fox, he'd have to go to Inazuma to murder her. His intense grudge against her had only grown in time, and Lumine was picking up way too much from her for his own good. "But you can only choose one, dearest Xiaoxiao. It's either no Childe or almond tofu. You can't have both." "But that isn't fair!" he protested. "I thought you knew very well by now that life's never fair."

"Curse you." He grumbled. He very well wasn't going to give up the only mortal food he could stomach all because of a ginger, and Lumine knew that. "So yes or no?" The devil incarnate asked smugly. "You know my answer, no need to rub it in." He muttered, retreating into emo mode. (IM SORRY I just feel like writing comedy these days, either that or angst)

Just then a hesitant voice came from outside the door. "Um... hello?" They both turned around to see guess who? The very ginger that was the bane of Xiao's existence. "..You." he said coldly. For some reason, the ginger looked slightly nervous, and it almost made him laugh. "Stop it Xiao, you're scaring the child." She scolded him while also teasing said gingerhead.

"Is everything alright?" Childe asked slowly. Oh right, he'd been partly witness to the fight he and Lumine had yesterday. "Yep, you don't need to worry now. Oh also, I had this idea today, which Xiao already agreed to. What do you think about the three of us having a friendly hangout. It can help you and Xiao to get over whatever stupid feud you both have against each other, and we'll all also have some fun. C'mon now, don't let all the effort I put into convincing Xiao go to waste!" "Correction: You bribed and coerced me." "Same difference." she said dismissively.

He gave Tartaglia a silent glare, a warning for him to not agree. But he ignored it."Alright, but when and where?" he asked, agreeing. His glare intensified tenfold upon hearing his answer, and Tartaglia simply looked away. He swore that he was at his patience's end.

"How about Liyue Harbor?" the ginger suggested. "Erm, that might not really be the best spot for Xiao, maybe-" "I'll handle it," Xiao interrupted her, "as long as we go during a time when the city isn't not as crowded. I want to learn more about mortals."

"Oh." Lumine hummed, looking pleasantly surprised. "Are you sure about it?" He nodded in confirmation. She grinned and clapped her hands together. "Alright then, tomorrow 7 pm, Liyue Harbor's gates! Don't be late, or I'll personally drag you out!" Childe shuddered. "Yeah she's right about that, because she literally dragged me by my hair and collar to the pharmacy when I didn't go immediately." He told Xiao. "Wish I'd been there to see it. Would have been a great sight, really?" He remarked unsympathetically. "Xiaoxiao, don't get too cocky, you might be next~" Lumine laughed, and he froze. "You're kidding, right?" "Who knows, am I? Maybe yes, maybe no." Now it was Childe's turn to laugh. "What goes around comes around, Mr Vigilant Yaksha. You should have known that by now, no?" He shut the ginger up with a glare. "Xiao will be fine. And go to hell." "I'll see you there!" he grinned back.

"Shush shush now, no one's going to hell unless I send you myself. Well then, I've got commissions to do, people to talk to, and places to explore, so it's about time we part. Don't forget, 7 pm tomorrow, Liyue Harbor's gates. And Xiao, I assume I'll see you again later when you go out on patrol?" He just replied with a curt nod, and she nodded. "Well, Ajax, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll be going now, goodbyeee~" Lumine said, cheerful as always, as she went out, quickly followed by gingerhead. Xiao assumed Childe didn't want to be alone with him in fear that he might murder him. The thought made him somewhat amused.

(940 words

incredibly short chapter i know, and im terribly sorry for that AND the late update, but i'd been busy last weeked due to irl stuff, and now bc of exams :((( soooo yea, yk the drill, no more updates till exams r over, which will be on 21st feb. My exams start this friday 💀💀😭😭 oh and its 11:20 pm on a sunday night rn, and i havent slept a wink the entire day, and I have school tomorrow 😭)