Chapter 20- Ranting

Lumine POV

"Thank you Katheryne, we'll be on our way now." After getting her daily commissions reward, she gave her signature smile to the android, who returned it. Now she was free and her schedule was empty for the entire day. This was rare because she was usually caught up in quests or people's requests, but now that she didn't have anything to do, she was bored. Not wanting to return to Wangshu Inn so quickly, she roamed around the Harbor, doing some impulsive shopping as well. She couldn't really resist one of Xiangling's delicacies, could she? Even if the ingredients were... kinda weird? Anyways, she strolled towards the antique shop, and after observing the items on display, she headed over to Liu Su's stage, in the mood for a few stories. It was amusing to see the differences between Liu su's retelling of the Guhua Clan's fall, and the actual story given to her by Xingxiu. Clearly the long blue-haired noble sitting beside her was thinking the same thing as they laughed a little. "Hey Xing, how did they get the story anyways? I thought the Guhua Clan was mostly abandoned or forgotten? Did you give it to Liu Su?" She asked Xingxiu during an intermission. "No no, of course not, my liege. I did not give the story, but it's possible he got it from some buried archives in the bookstore. And honestly, most historical records in the bookhouse aren't completely correct."

After the show was finished, Xingxiu excused himself as he wanted to go meet his 'best friend'. "Apologies, my liege, but I'm rather certain Chongyun would be waiting for me by now... May we meet again sometime." She chuckled. "Sure sure, go meet your boyfriend, my liege. Don't forget to tell me when you kiss." He nodded and started going down the stairs before abruptly turning back and yelling, "HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" She yelled back, "NOT YET, BUT WHATEVER HELPS YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT!" He turned around again and ran down the stairs. Elegantly, of course.

Now she was exploring the vast set of staircases that Liyue Harbor had, losing her way more than once. No seriously, who decided to create long, steep, winding staircases everywhere in Liyue? How did Liyuens even navigate them?

"Hey Ojou-chan, lost, are you?" And lo and behold, the one and only ginger Child(e) was standing there behind her. "Ahaha... How can someone not get lost here? How do you even understand where you are? They should make a precise map of what is where on these steps, they really should. Would be a massive help to foreigners." She ranted a little. He outright laughed at that, the audacity! "Oh girlie, you get used to it after a while. Anyways, do you know a little amber-eyed midget?" She snorted, it was really obvious who he was talking about. "Pffft, midget, thanks for giving me that. I'll definitely call him that from now on. Anyways, yes, I do know Xiao, why?" He gave her a smile, which was clearly forced, and that was unusual. "Oh nothing, really, I met him this morning when I came to Wangshu Inn. Why didn't you tell me you two were dating?"

"Eh?" Lumine just stood there, confused. "I'm not dating anyone, what do you mean?" "You're not? Well, that midget certainly made that impression." "Hold on..." Lumine said slowly. "You're saying you met Xiao?" "Yes ojou-chan." "Oh good gods." She groaned. "Let me guess, he insulted you and then went on a tangent on why you shouldn't be in Liyue, all your crimes, why you should stay away from me, etc." "Actually yes, he did, how did you know?" He asked, surprised. She sighed, massaging her forehead. "Tell me exactly what happened." She ordered. "Well, he told me that if I didn't get out of Wangshu Inn and if I caused any more trouble in Liyue, he wouldn't hesitate to kill me. Then I jokingly asked, 'What had I done?', to which he literally listed off everything I had done, and those things weren't even voluntary! And then I asked him about your whereabouts, since I wanted to invite you to hang out again, the last time was really fun, yknow. He had refused to, you know, let the past remain in the past, and got angry for no reason. Then he told me about your date with him. Then he basically told me to get lost." Now he was the one ranting.

Lumine didn't say anything. She pressed her temples. "Ok so, first he gets jealous because of a simple hangout, then when I take him on a hangout too to get rid of that jealousy, he goes and boasts about it? I told him to give you a second chance, he just doesn't listen, does he? I swear to every archon-" "Hold on girlie, you did what?" He interrupted, surprised. "Uh, I told him to give you a second chance..?" She repeated, a little uncertain. "..So you defended me..?" " "Yeah, is there a problem?"

He gave her a genuine smile. "Not at all, Ojou-chan. If anything, thanks for sticking up for me, very few people do that. Especially seeing that you probably knew him better." She shrugged. "It's what I would've done for anyone in a tough spot, who deserved another chance. And now I know you well too, don't I?" He laughed cheerily. "Well that, you sure do."

She fell silent again. She seemed to be thinking something. "Hey, I'm really sorry about Xiao's behaviour, he shouldn't have done that. I'll have a nice talk with him about it." "It's alright... Anyways, do you have some free time today or sometime soon? We could hangout some more if you do, before I have to go." "Go? Go where?" She asked curiously. "Ah right, I'm going to explore Mondstadt soon. In two-three days, actually." "And for how long?" She asked. "A week or so." He answered. "So anyways, what do you say?"

"I've got a better idea." She grinned. "What say I become your tour guide in Mondstadt?"

( 1060 words.

yo sup, i got nothing to say except hello, enjoy this chapter and goodbye haha, also, weekly updates again from now on since school has begun, and the next holidays are directly in april :( but anyways cya, take care of yourselves dear readers~)