Chapter 15- A Fatui Harbinger

Lumine POV

"Here we are, Teucer- Welcome to Liyue's Institute of Toy Research." The ginger Ed Sheeran in front of her said. "Yeahhh, I can already hear the sounds of machinery inside! Awesome!" The little kid that was literally a carbon copy of his brother, with added mischief, exclaimed excitedly. "Based on my limited understanding, this was one of Dottore's research facilities." Lumine shivered. "Ugh, him? Suddenly I don't feel too happy at the thought of going in there." Childe looked curious. "So you already know about him, hmm?" "Oh I certainly know about him, and not the best things either. I haven't even met him yet and I already want to mur- I'll stop speaking." She stopped herself from saying anything in front of the innocent little kid. Tortilla laughed. "Well, certainly not the best first impression. Can't say I'm surprised really. Even we harbingers like to keep our distance from him if possible." "Wow, another harbinger with a bad attitude." Paimon muttered. "I agree." Lumine said. Tortellini gasped. "My oh my, Ojou-chan, really? I'm offended! And here I thought we had something!"

She sighed. This man's childishness was... nevermind. And his little brother was even more.. Nevermind again. "I wasn't talking about you, stupid. I'm talking about La Signora, and um, what was his name? Shortymouche? Him." Childie looked confused. "Shortymouche..." He suddenly got it. "Surely you don't mean Scaramouche?" "Yeah, that's the guy. Nasty temper, really. Mental, that one." (Cmon yall this is a simple reference pls get it) Childe's eyes sparkled. "Haha, Ojou-chan, we certainly share the same sense of humour! I'm calling him that next time I see him, credits go to you, don't worry."

The little Tasmanian devil called Teucer came running up. "Hey, what are you adults doingggg?? This isn't the time for frickle- frackle, yall can do that later when you're alone!" Childe sputtered and choked at his little brother's words while Lumine absent-mindedly said, "Sure Teu- wait what?" She was shocked at what Teucer was implying. "Oh god, it's nothing like that you little devil! Ajax, where in the actual hell did your brother learn this from?" "A good question, one to which I want an answer from Teucer. Tell me, where did you get such ideas from?" He glared at Teucer in the eye, who shrugged nonchalantly. I just found some of the books Sister Tonia got on her 12th birthday which she has been reading recently. I think it was romanch-something? Well anyways, she loved them so I just read them when she was out. "Ohhh god.... I really need to talk to Tonia about this." Ajax groaned in disbelief. She merely sighed and shook her head.

"Whooo, we're here!! Wow, this place is hugeeee! I'm gonna go play with Mr. Cyclops now!" "Teucer wait-" both she and Ajax started at the same time, but he'd already run off. Even worse, the doors in front closed quickly with a mechanical creak, separating them and the kid. Ajax looked very worried as he looked around for another way to get to his brother. They quickly found one, and Ajax ran off, not even telling me. Ughh, like brothers. She sighed as she followed him. Yeah this would be a long day.

******

(timeskip coz im restless and yall cant stop me )

She was still in a defensive stance as the three Ruin Guards collapsed. Thank the archons, too, because Teucer was nearly done counting. But as they assessed the situation, even more activated Ruin guards dropped into the room. Even worse, Teucer was extremely impatient. "Okay, you ready?" Teucer asked cheerfully. "Give me another ten seconds, Teucer. Still hiding." Ajax said with a grim face. Ten seconds? Good gods, this man was crazy. It was time for her to step in. But as she stepped forward, he whispered, "Stay there Ojou-chan, and keep Teucer safe. There's no time to waste." "Exactly." she responded angrily. "Look who's the cheater now! Fiine, ten seconds, that's it." Teucer grumbled.

She rushed to run forward as the ruin guards almost crushed Ajax, but fast as the lightning he controlled, he sped forward. The next second, he was in his Foul Legacy form. This man must really have a death wish. But he was going round killing those ruin guards so fast, that it was unsafe for her to make an entry. Surprisingly, he did manage to kill them all by the time Teucer counted one. She quickly gestured for him to hide himself somewhere where Teucer wouldn't find him.