71: Crawling Forward

Friday I'm In Love - Phoebe Bridgers (Cover)

❝You can never get enough

Enough of this stuff

It's Friday, I'm in love❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CRAWLING FORWARD
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(Important AN at the end)

Gwen stands next to Nancy in the RV while the others sit in front of them. It's dark now and they're parked outside of Eddie's trailer.

"Okay, I wanna run through it one more time," Nancy says. "Phase one."

"We meet Erica at the playground," Robin says. "She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

"Phase two."

"Max baits Vecna," Steve answers. "He'll go after her, which will put him in his trance."

"Phase three?"

"Me and Eddie draw the bats away," Dustin says, pointing at Eddie behind him who pats his head with a small smile.

"Four."

"We head into Vecna's hopefully newly bat-free lair, then... operation flambé and brain boom," Robin says while shaking a molotov cocktail.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied," Gwen tells them. "Nobody deviates from the plan no matter what. Got it?"

"Got it," they all repeat before standing up and heading out of the RV.

With their supplies and weapons in hand, they make their way into Eddie's trailer. Steve pulls off his backpack and sets it aside before grabbing onto the makeshift rope that leads through the gate.

"Be careful," Dustin says.

"Thanks, buddy," Steve responds, patting his shoulder. "Here goes nothin'," he says before climbing the rope. Getting to the other side, he flips around and lands on his feet before looking up through the gate and shrugging.

"Woah," Robin mumbles sarcastically. "What does he want us to do, applaud?" she asks, causing Nancy and Gwen to smile in amusement from beside her.

Steve drags over Eddie's mattress and lays it down on the other side. "Alright. Let's go."

Gwen takes off her bag and takes a deep breath, grabbing onto the rope. Robin kneels down and clasps her fingers together on her knee, allowing Gwen to use them as a boost. Getting to the other side, she thankfully falls onto the mattress with a grunt.