40: True American Heroes

Ice Cold Pool- Wallows

❝Where's the fun if you know what's coming?

I don't wanna escape this feeling❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
TRUE AMERICAN HEROES
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"He's gonna be so excited," Gwen smiles as she slings an arm around her little brother's shoulders.

The two of them are currently walking into Scoops Ahoy and Steve hasn't seen Dustin since he left for Summer camp. The two of them are thick as thieves, which never fails to surprise Gwen. A lot of times, a parent will force their oldest child hang out with the younger sibling when they have plans, but it's never something Claudia has to force with her kids. Gwen of course loves her brother, and Steve sees Dustin as one of his closest friends, no matter how embarrassing that is for him to admit.

After Robin serves two customers, Dustin and Gwen smile in front of her.

"Hi," Dustin grins.

"Hi," Robin unenthusiastically responds before looking at Gwen with a small smile. "Hey, Gwen."

"Hey, this is Dustin," Gwen gestures to the boy.

Dustin nods. "I'm Dustin."

"I'm Robin."

"Pleasure to meet you. Uh, is- is he here?" Dustin asks.

"Is who here?"

Suddenly the door to the back room for the shop is thrown open, and out appears Steve with wide eyes and a grin from ear to ear. He throws his arms in the air. "Henderson!"

Dustin laughs and points at the boy.

"Henderson! He's back!" Steve literally jumps for joy.

"I'm back!" Dustin smiles. "You got the job!"

"I got the job!" Steve forms his hands into an imaginary trumpet and pretends to play it before him and Dustin do their handshake that they had made up, including a fake lightsaber fight that ended in Dustin stabbing Steve, and Steve pretending to die.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin looks between Steve and Gwen.

Gwen shakes her head with a grin. "Can you take a break?" Gwen asks Steve.