26: Drawings and Puzzles

Mellohi- C418

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
DRAWINGS AND
PUZZLES
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen hadn't shown up to school and Steve noticed.

He was planning on asking her if she was okay from yesterday when she walked out of the gym all weird.

First period. She wasn't there.

Okay, that's fine. She probably slept in late.

Second period. Not there.

Alright, maybe she's just staying home till lunch.

Lunch. Still not there.

Yeah, Steve was a little worried.

So, when basketball practice came around, Steve was already off his game. Trying to impress his coach while simultaneously being worried for his best friend didn't really mesh.

This showed when Billy absolutely obliterated his ass in a scrimmage game. Steve was tired of Billy pestering him and embarrassing him in front of not only his coach, but the whole team. He was already off his game in the first place, he didn't need to be benched in place of Billy.

In the showers, Steve finally gets the chance to think. He feels like his whole life is a bit of a mess at the moment. Nancy and him broke up, he's failing classes, and Gwen's just confusing the hell out of him.

Why isn't she here? She could've kept Steve's mind off of things.

His train of thought is disrupted when Billy and his goon, Tommy, waltz into the showers.

Steve tries to ignore Billy's smirk, just continuing to wash his face under the water.

"Don't sweat it, Harrington," Billy says. "Today's just not your day, man."

"Yeah," Tommy grins. "Not your week. You and the princess break up for one day, she's already running off with the freak's brother," Tommy laughs when Steve rolls his eyes. "Oh, shit. You don't know? Jonathan and the princess skipped yesterday. Still haven't shown. But that must just be a coincidence, right?" Tommy laughs a hardy laugh before turning off his shower and leaving.

Steve doesn't understand why they get enjoyment out of kicking other people down... Then again, he used to be like them.

"Don't take it too hard, man," Billy says. "A pretty boy like you has got nothing to worry about. Plenty of bitches in the sea," He leans in to Steve a bit. "Like Gwen, right? I've had my eye on her since Halloween."