4: A Rabbits Meadow

One Blink for Yes- Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧        ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
A RABBITS MEADOW
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧        ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The first thing that Gwen hears is ringing.

A constant, ringing tone in her ears.

Gwen slightly opens her eyes to see two figures standing over her. The figures are fuzzy, and the area surrounding them moves in her vision.

"She's waking up."

"Oh, shit."

Gwens vision clears more to reveal Nancy standing next to the couch that Gwen is laid on, and Steve sitting on a coffee table in front of her. Gwen blinks hard again and brings her hand up to her pounding head.

"We cleaned your head. There was only a little blood," Steve says.

Gwen closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, before trying to sit up. When she does, the towel that is wrapped around her starts to fall.

"Here. Let me help you," Nancy takes a hold of Gwens arm and helps her sit on the couch before adjusting the towel over Gwen's shoulders. She must've been out for a while because her clothes are only a bit damp. Nancy takes a seat next to Steve after Gwen is situated. Gwen leans her elbows on her knees and holds her head in her hands, rubbing her temples.

"What the hell happened?" Gwen asks with her eyes closed.

Steve and Nancy glance at each other, before turning back to Gwen. "We don't know. We just... heard screaming and came outside to see you passed out by the pool," Nancy explains.

"What?" Gwen lifts her head to look at Nancy in confusion.

"Do you not remember anything?" Steve asks.

Gwen furrows her eyes brows as she tries to think. "I... I don't know."

"Did Barb go home?" Nancy asks.

"...Maybe. I don't really remember." Gwen shakes her head. She does remember a few things. She remembers seeing a creature, screaming, and getting thrown on the ground, but with her powers, she can't quite tell if it was real or if it's just some weird old memory popping into her head. She doesn't want to tell them and seem like a crazy person either.

"Well... are you, like, okay?" Steve asks with a scrunched face. Nancy hits his chest with a small glare.

"I'm fine. I just... wanna go home," Gwen looks to the floor and stares at it with dropped brows.

"You can't drive," Nancy shakes her head.

Gwen looks up at the girl. "Why not? I'm fine."

"No, you're not, Gwen."