62: Scrawny Petey Mchew

Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong

❝Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper 'I love you'❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SCRAWNY PETEY MCHEW
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Robin, Gwen, and Nancy get out of Nancy's car after she parks at Pennhurst, well, Robin more or less stumbles out. They're all wearing heels and outfits that Nancy had picked out for them in order to look professional.

Robin grunts when she stumbles again. "I can't breathe in this thing, and I'm itchy. I'm itchy all over."

"Yeah, I feel and look like a grandmother," Gwen says, pulling at the skirt of the dress Nancy had given her.

"It's not all about comfort," Nancy tells them as they walk. "Okay? We're academics."

"Who are evidently coming straight from an Easter brunch," Robin retorts making Gwen snort a laugh. "Also this bra that you gave me is really pinching my boobs."

"She gave you a bra?" Gwen asks. "I'm still wearing my sports bra."

"Okay, could you guys just let me do the talking? If that's even possible?" Nancy asks, frustrated.

"It's not only possible, it's inevitable," Robin tells her. "Because shortly, I'll be dead from strangulation."

Gwen shrugs. "Honestly, Nance, I think you're underestimating us."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"3.9 GPA's. All three of you. Impressive," Dr. Hatch nods, putting the folders back on his desk as the three girls sit across from him.

"And this is a recommendation from Professor Brantley," Nancy hands him the paper while Gwen smiles and Robin squirms in her seat, trying to situate her collar while keeping a straight posture.

"Yeah, I know Larry. Quite well, actually," Dr. Hatch says with a smile. "Eh, you know what they say. 'Those who can't do, teach'," he chuckles, causing the three girls to chuckle as well while plastering fake smiles on their faces.

Nancy glances at Robin and Gwen. "Uh, yes, yes, that's actually why we're here. I mean, we can only learn so much in a classroom."

Dr. Hatch hums. "And I'm sympathetic to your struggle, truly. But there is a protocol to visiting a patient like Victor. You have to put in a request and then you have to undergo a screening process, at which point the board will make a decision," He pushes the folders toward the girls who slump slightly in their chairs. "I can see you're disappointed. But I'm more than happy to give you a tour of our facility. Perhaps you can even speak to some patients in our low-security wing."