56: Championship Game

Don't Bring Me Down - Electric Light Orchestra

❝I'll tell you once more before I get of the floor

Don't bring me down❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen walks to the register of Family Video after stocking some shelves, joining Steve who holds a phone to his ear. She smoothens out her uniform and sits next to him, already exhausted from both her session with Ms. Kelley and work.

Gwen got a job at Family Video with Steve and Robin a few months ago. She hated leaving the vet clinic, but she needed a new start, especially since the last time she had worked there, she witnessed a rat literally explode.

"You know we're going to the game, dude," Steve sighs into the phone, glancing at Gwen and reaching out for her hand.

"Just move your date this one time. Come on," Dustin groans from the other side of the phone.

"What, to hang out with you and Eddie 'the freak' Munson? Uh, yeah, I'll pass," Steve says while messing with Gwen's rings.

"You're just jealous 'cause I have another older male friend," Dustin sneers.

Steve cringes. "Ew. Ugh. Whatever."

"Who are you talkin' to?" Gwen asks, resting her chin on her hand.

"Is that Gwen? Put her on the phone!"

Steve sighs and hands Gwen the phone. Gwen puts the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Gwen, since your boyfriend is being an asshole to your little brother, do you wanna stand him up and join Hellfire tonight?"

"Oh, um, I kinda promised Lucas that I would go to his game," She says, earning a groan from her brother. "Sorry."

"But, Gwen-"

"Oh, no," Gwen makes static noses with her mouth. "Dustin, I can't hear-"

"Don't you dare hang up on me."

"You're breaking up-" She makes a few more noises before ending the call. She glances at Steve who had been watching in amusement. "He was never gonna take no for an answer."