45: Gunther's Field Trip

Hey Jude - Imaginary Future

❝Remember to let her into your heart

Then you can start to make it better❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
GUNTHER'S FIELD TRIP
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(The song is mostly for the last part of the chapter!)

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin asks through the walkie talkie as her, Steve, Gwen, and Dustin sit on the roof of the mall.

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?"

"Yeah, we're in position," Robin replies. "It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light."

"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment."

Gwen sighs and grabs the walkie from Robin. "Can you stop calling it that?"

"I'm just telling it how it is, lady. See you on the other side. Nerds."

Gwen rolls her eyes and hands the walkie back to Robin.

After a few minutes of radio silence, Erica speaks. "Alright, nerds. I'm there."

"Do you- Do you see anything?" Robin asks.

"Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about."

"Any guards?"

"Negative."

"Booby traps?" Robin teases.

"If I could see them, They'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?"

Robin rolls her eyes. "Thank you for that."

"...I'm in."

"Oh god," Steve groans anxiously.

"Remember what I said about impending doom?" Gwen asks no one in particular.

The door to the building in front of them opens, revealing Erica standing with a hand on her hip. "Free ice cream for life."

The four of them smirk before rushing off of the roof and toward the building Erica had opened. Before going in, Gwen gasps, causing Steve to hang back with her.