51: Do You Copy?

Ruins - Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
DO YOU COPY?
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen helps Eleven into the back of Nancy's car with the help of Max and Mike before getting in next to her. "Lay down," Gwen tells her before Eleven slumps next to her with her head under Gwen's arm.

Mike shuts the back door after getting in himself along with everyone else. Nancy try's to turn on the car from the drivers seat, only to be met with the engine spluttering.

"What's wrong?" Jonathan asks.

"I don't... I don't know," Nancy tries again only to be met with the same result. "You can't be serious. Come on!"

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Gwen asks from the back.

"Yes. I'm sure it's fine," Nancy replies with a stressed voice.

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asks.

"No."

"Do we have gas?" Lucas asks.

"Yes!" Nancy yells, trying again. "Come on!"

"Woah, woah, woah! Just stop. Stop!" Jonathan opens his door. "Pop the hood."

Nancy and Jonathan both get out of the car to figure out what is wrong with the car while the others stay inside.

"What the hell?" Jonathan exclaims while looking under the hood. "The ignition cable's gone."

Everyone's head turns at the sound of an engine revving. Gwen recognizes Billy's blue Comaro on the other side of the parking lot. "Is that Billy?" she asks.

"Yeah," Max breathes out.

"And he's flayed, I'm guessing?" she asks, remembering how weird Billy was acting a few days ago when he had come over to her house to use the bathroom.

Max nods again. "Mhm."

Nancy quickly opens the door next to Lucas. "Back in the mall!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Scoops Troop, do you copy?" Gwen speaks into the walkie talkie after she had taken it from Mike. "Scoops Troop, I repeat, do you copy? We're trapped in the mall and we need to get out of here."