63: Creel's House

Teens - Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CREEL'S HOUSE
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen gasps herself awake from a nightmare while laying in Steve's arms on the couch in the Wheelers basement. They had gotten back the night before after Max escaped Vecna's trance.

"Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?" Eddie's voice come through the walkie next to a sleeping Dustin, causing Gwen to groan. "Dustin, can you hear me? Dustin? Earth to Dustin."

Gwen slowly gets out of Steve's arms with an annoyed sigh before rolling her eyes and grabbing the walkie. "It's Gwen," Gwen says into the walkie with a scratchy morning voice.

"Gwen! Hey. Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

"No, no, no. Please, don't do that," Gwen tells him, rubbing her forehead to rid herself of a headache that had formed due to the abrupt wake up. "Just stay there. We'll be there as soon as we can."

"Alright, but only because you said 'please'," he responds. "But, listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack?" he asks, causing Gwen to squint her eyes in amusement. "I know, it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

"How about I bring you a five-pack, because I'm definitely taking one," Gwen replies with a quiet chuckle.

"You're the boss, Henderson."

"Damn right," Gwen smiles. "Okay, I gotta go before I wake everyone up. We'll be there soon."

"See ya then."

Gwen puts the walkie back down and stands up to stretch, sighing contently as her muscles relax. Glancing at everyone's sleeping forms, she doesn't fail to notice that Max is nowhere in sight. Smelling breakfast from the kitchen, Gwen decides to walk upstairs to be met with Mrs. Wheeler making pancakes and bacon while Mr. Wheeler sits at the counter reading a newspaper and Max sits at the table with Holly.

"Morning, Gwen," Karen smiles.

"Morning," Gwen smiles back with a yawn.

"Would you like some breakfast?" Karen gestures to the food.

"Please," Gwen responds gratefully, taking a plate from Karen's extended hand. Gwen loads her plate full of pancakes and extra bacon, too hungry to care about not having her usual yogurt and banana. "Thank you," Gwen smiles before walking over to the table and taking a seat across from Max and next to Holly.