33: Losing A Fight

Too close- Sir Chloe

❝You get too close

Take the one I love the most

I think it's time for you to go❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
LOSING A FIGHT
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(TW // physical violence?)

They had a plan. Kind of.

Eleven had been the one to initially open the gate to the Upside down, and she thinks she can close it. Now they just have to figure out how exactly they're going to execute this plan.

"It's not like it was before," Hopper sighs. Everyone sat around the kitchen table again, Joyce and Gwen being the only two actually sitting. "It's grown. A lot. And, I mean, that's considering we can even get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs."

Dustin's head perks up. "Demo-dogs."

"I'm sorry, what?"

Gwen holds out a hand. "Don't get him started again."

"I can do it," Eleven speaks up.

"You're not hearing me," Hopper shakes his head.

"I'm hearing you," Eleven nods. "I can do it."

"She can," Gwen says to Hopper. "But there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point," Max says.

"It is," Mike catches on. "But if we're really right about this... if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army..."

Lucas nods. "Will's a part of that army."

"Closing the gate will kill him."

Everyone shares an uncomfortable look. Gwen can't help but feel horrible for Joyce. She's lost her boyfriend already, she can't handle losing her son too.

So, Gwen gets an idea.

She stands from the table abruptly and walks, albeit weak, to Will's bedroom where he lays unconscious on his bed. Everyone follows after her. Gwen's eyes catch onto the open window, the breeze making the curtains flow.