58: Spell Caster

Hail Lord Vecna - Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SPELL CASTER
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The five teenagers pull into Reefer Ricks driveway. Steve turns off the car and the group grabs flashlights as it had gotten dark on the ride there. The house is a decent size, and a large boathouse sits next to it.

Dustin rings the doorbell to the house while the others stand behind him. Getting no answer, he rings it a few more times.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here," Steve says anxious to leave as Dustin bangs on the door.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!" he shouts.

"Dude, quiet down," Gwen chastises.

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay?" Dustin continues, ignoring his sister and making both her and Steve roll their eyes. "No cops, I swear. We just wanna help," He bangs on the door a few more times. "Eddie!"

"Dustin," Gwen scolds again while Robin shushes him.

"Rick!" Dustin shouts, ringing the doorbell again. "Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that," Steve tells him.

"Rick!" Dustin shouts again as Max and Gwen notice the boathouse next to them.

"He's not there," Steve says while Max and Gwen split off from the group a bit.

"He could just be really high," Dustin shrugs.

"Is that a foot?" Steve asks, looking through the window with a flashlight. "No, that's just a shoe."

"Hey, dipshits," Gwen calls, causing Robin, Steve, and Dustin to join her and Max. The five of them approach and enter the boathouse with caution.

"Hello?" Robin calls out. "Is anyone home?"

"What a dump," Steve mutters, looking at the rusting metal walls and spare tools scattered on the ground. He walks over to an oar that had been hung up on the wall and takes it.

"What do you think that's gonna do?" Gwen asks from behind him, making him jump and turn around.

"Jesus Christ," he says after she scares him. "Well, we need some sort of weapon, right?"