16: The Fight

Run- Joji

❝I know that I'm stuck, in this misery

Guess I'm not enough, like you used to think

So, I'll just run❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THE FIGHT
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Jonathan?" Steve's voice echos through the wood door.

Gwen immediately sighs in relief.

He knocks again. "Are you there, man? It's... it's Steve. I already tried Gwen but she's not home. Listen, I just want to talk!"

Gwen stands up and holds her hand out to the two confused teenagers sat on the couch. "Steve will flip if he sees you here," she says to Nancy.

Gwen doesn't wait for a response before walking up to the door, and opening it up just a crack.

"Hey," Steve's eyebrows drop when he sees Gwen. "Gwen, what-"

Gwen puts her hand against the door "Steve, listen to me. You need to leave."

Steve shakes his head, frazzled. "No, I'm not trying to start anything, okay?"

Gwen closes her eyes in exasperation. "I don't care about that. You need to leave."

Steve gets even more flustered and shakes his head again. "No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay?" He hits his hand lightly against the door. "I messed... I messed up. Okay?"

"Steve-"

"No, I just... Really. Please. I just wanna make things right," He squeezes his eyes closed for a moment.

Gwen can tell that he was truly sorry, but she honestly doesn't care about what happened. Not when a deadly monster is bound to show up any second.

"Okay? Please. Please..." Steve pauses when his eyes catch Gwens bandaged hand leaning on the door. "Wha- Hey what happened to your hand?" he asks in a soft voice. He grabs Gwens wrist and turns her hand around. "Is that blood?"

"No," Gwen pulls her hand away. "It's nothing. I fell off my bike earlier," she says, averting her eyes when it feels harder to lie than usual.

Steve doesn't buy it. "What's going on?"

Gwen shakes her head. "Nothing."