13: Nobody's Mad At You for Trying

Hey Jude - Imaginary Future

❝And anytime you feel the pain

Hey Jude, refrain

Don't carry the world upon your shoulders❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
NOBODY'S MAD AT YOU
FOR TRYING
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

By the time they all make it back to the Byers house, night has fallen and the streets are empty.

Once parked, all the kids and Hopper jump out of the car. Gwen goes around to finally give Dustin a well needed hug since she couldn't at the junk yard. Dustin wastes no time in wrapping his arms around his older sister, squeezing her as if she would disappear. Gwen could tell that he was terrified earlier.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Gwen murmurs into his hat, resting her head atop his.

"Me too," he says.

Gwen kisses the top of his hat and lets go before moving to Eleven and pulling her into a hug as well. Eleven stiffens, but takes the hint and awkwardly wraps her arms around Gwen.

"Is that my dress?" Nancy asks, making Gwen pull away from El.

Elevens eyes widen and she looks to Gwen for help, in turn making the others look to her.

Gwen simply shrugs. "She pulls it off well, don't you think?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Okay, so in this example, we're the acrobat," Mike says, holding up a drawing of a tightrope, a stick figure, and a flea.

Everyone had crowded together in the Byers living room for an explanation, mostly from the kids.

Mike points his pen to the flea. "Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding."

Gwen stiffens at the mention of the monster and the Upside Down. The memories of that horrid place and the events that unfolded still haunt her, and they will for a long time.

"Mr.Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space," Mike says.

"A gate," Dustin jumps in.

"That we tracked to Hawkins lab," Lucas adds.

"With our compasses," Dustin says.

Everyone looks at him confused, but not Gwen. "Wait, what? You went there?" she asks.

"Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field," Dustin rushes out, ignoring his sisters angry eyes. "-and that can change the directions of a compass needle."