Chapter 34

*Clara pov*

I spent two weeks in the hospital before they finally let me go home, and my dad stayed with me the whole time

I spent two weeks in the hospital before they finally let me go home, and my dad stayed with me the whole time. My mom had to leave back to korea shortly after I was admitted.

"Honey bee you feeling any better?" My dad brushed the knots out of my hair.

"A lot." I smiled. I had decided staying with him and appa until I felt better was probably best. But I did miss my dorm, and my friends.

I was surprised how well my dad had taken the news of me being pregnant. He happily started setting up a room to be a nursery. I didn't know how to tell him... I didn't want this baby.

I watched as he happily hung shelves and set up dressers. He was so happy. But I was just not happy. I did not want this.

"Hey." The familiar voice drew me away from my thoughts and I grinned at Jarad. "Hi Mr.P" he waved to my dad. "You ready Clara?"

I put my hands in my pockets. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Today I was meeting his mom. I was nervous she knows I'm pregnant. But meeting her just made me so nervous. She always sounded so nice on the phone or over video chat.

"You think you're ready to open the envelope of the gender yet?" Jarad said and I looked between him and my dad. I wasn't ready. I didn't want to know. It made it real. A name, a color for this fairly bland nursery... made this a real baby. Not something I could ever escape.

"No." I said flatly both of them looked down sadly. "Maybe I like surprises."

"Ah Clarie you know you can't lie to me." My dad sighed.

Jarad laughed. "It's no big deal we'll just name our child when they're 15. It's fine."

"Stoopp." I laughed. "You know it's not like that, besides I'm sure my dad has names already picked out."

Jarad rolled his eyes. "Am I having a baby with your dad or you?"

I looked at my dad who raised his eyebrow sassily. "I should say me however with my dad... yes both of us are your baby mama's now."

We all laughed at that. "I really wish you would honey bee, before you know it, you'll be in labor."

"I have like 23 more weeks to go." I sighed. "I think the baby remains okay if we don't know the gender yet. Jarad are you ready?"

"Yes." He said softly.

"Bye dad. Love you." I quickly left the room dragging Jarad by his hand until we were at his car. "Alright lets get this over with."

"I really want to tell my mom the gender. A name too." He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Maybe." I sighed. If I do it without my dad it may be more enjoyable, love him but he's extra sometimes. I might call my Appa though.