Chapter 24

I was very excited for my mom to be able to visit me

I was very excited for my mom to be able to visit me. I had never seen her outside of a prison setting. So when they called and told me the hotel wouldn't take her due to her crimes, I may have accidentally said a certain two people I love could take her for the week. The only problem was I didn't ask those two people and I knew they'd both kill me when they found out.

I practiced and practiced with myself telling my dad but I truly didn't know how his reaction would be. She'd be here in 24 hours. So I figured I might as well just rip the bandaid and tell him.

"Hey." I said walking into my dads house.

"Down here honey bee." My dad called from the downstairs.

I skipped down the steps to his finished basement. It was a normal looking man cave type of area. A small bar. And smelled like a fireplace, hence the fireplace under his tv. He always liked his interior design to look modern and classy.

"Hey dad." I smiled at him then noticed my appa relaxing on a recliner. "Appa."

"Sh don't wake him. Whats up?" My dad grinned.

"Um you can't get mad at me."

He stopped whatever it was he was doing and looked over at me. "What did you do?"

"I said my mom could stay here with you and appa, the hotel wouldn't take her and-"

"No. Absolutely not Clara. She's not allowed here or near me and thats not up for negotiation."

"Dad what happened before is in the past please."

"The answers no."

"Appa." I screeched knowing he was more reasonable.

"I agree with your father." He said his eyes never opening. "If you don't remember, last time your mother was left alone with your father she tried to kill all of us."

I screeched. "You guys are being unreasonable, she's my mom. I just want her to see me dance."

"The answer is still no honey bee." My dad poured some kind of whiskey and downed the entire cup. "Why doesn't she stay in your dorm?"

"They won't allow her to."

My dad rolled his eyes and poured another shot downing it quickly. "This is an awful idea Clara, you know who she is and what she is."

"Dad she won't hurt us. She's my mom. Please."

He instead picked up the whiskey bottle and chugged it. Very clearly drunk he looked at me eyes glazed over. "Fine, but I'll fucking kill her if she hurts you."