Chapter 21

Jimin POV

"Yoongi I just don't understand where I went wrong with her

"Yoongi I just don't understand where I went wrong with her." I sighed. "I yelled at her yesterday and I feel guilty even though she killed someone." I paced back and forth in the living room.

"My love you need sleep." Yoongi grabbed my arm. "You haven't slept."

I pulled my arm away. "How can I sleep Yoongi? How?"

"She probably had a reason for what she did."

"Are you defending the actions she took?"

"Of course not Jimin, but she's our daughter. We promised to always cover for her no matter what."

"And I did. I just want to know where I went wrong? What did I do? What could I have done better?"

"Nothing. You did everything right Jimin."

"Clearly not." I snapped.

"I'm going to find out the truth." Yoongi grabbed a cardigan and threw it on. "I love you Jiminah you gotta calm down, it will be fine."

"I don't want my little girl to live this life Yoongi."

"I know Jimin. I know."

I let myself collapse into the couch and cry. I didn't want this for her. I never wanted this for her. Was I the problem? Did I not do enough? Am I a bad father?

"Is it okay for me to leave Jiminah? Are you safe?" Yoongi looked down on me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be okay. Go save our little girl."

I opened up her dorm room with the key she had given me

I opened up her dorm room with the key she had given me. Her room was a mess again. I sighed. She was sleeping holding a small stuffed animal I recognized it immediately, Mr. fluffy. A pink fluffy bunny she had gotten from my mom as a baby. I smiled at the sight in front of me. She reminded me of her dad and Chimmy and his blankey.

Jimin of course still slept with those items. He was sweet when alone. When he didn't have to act tough for everyone and everything. I sighed and began to pick up the bags from nights of take out, and starbucks cups, throwing them in a large garbage bag.

Once all the trash was clean, I began picking up her clothing that was thrown around the room. Picking up a sweater I checked the pocket and to my surprise something was in it. I pulled out the small Polaroid. It was of her and her parents. The first time she met her mom. On the back the photo of Jimin holding her with Ani when she she was first born was taped there.

I let a tear roll down my own cheek. No matter how much I wished, I would never be the second parent she needed. If love alone could have saved my angel... she wouldn't be going through this. And my love at home would not be having a breakdown.

How do you love someone who did something wrong... unforgivable... unconditionally? I wish I could answer that. But I love them... I love them both. More than anything. Once her room was spotless I walked over to her bed and gently ran my hand down her shoulder. "Clara love?"

She stirred in her sleep snd stretched looking up at me. "Appa?" She sleepily said. She rolled herself over so I could comfortably sit on her bed.

"Hey there Clara bug." I smiled down at her. My poor baby looked so exhausted. Stressed. Tired. "You okay?"

Instead of an answer she just hugged me while crying. "I'm sorry appy."

She used to call me that as a way or sounding like daddy but with appa. I smiled at that sudden memory. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I messed up appa."

"Can you tell me what happened?"

She lightly bit her lip then shook her head yes. "He was using me to weaponize Odette..."

"Clara you can't kill someone because you disliked their actions."

"No appa that isn't all."

"Continue then." She snuggled up in my arms and closed her eyes.

"He was a pedophile, specifically towards me. He wanted to sleep with me, so I agreed to meet him at the motel. I want to kill him. I wanted him to suffer...." She looked up at me. "Dad... dad murdered someone named Kylie right?"

How would she know about Kylie? "Yes...."

"I saw her. She tried to stop me."

"Tried to stop- Clara Kylie is dead."

"I know. Crazy right? But she was there. She was... sweet? I don't know she begged me not to go. I should have listened."

"Did he... did he touch you?"

"He tried to... but kind of.... In order to do what I did I had to kiss him."

"Clara why didn't you call your father or me to handle the situation?"

"In the room I wanted to... but he wouldn't let me use my phone. I dropped it. Appa... I'm not like them.... My parents..."

"I know Clara." I held her tight. "I know."

"But I feel so fucking crazy. How did they just kill people and move on?"

"Your father never moved on Clara...." I looked in her eyes. "Clara my darling. Your dad is only here for you, if there was no you... there'd be no him. You are his entire world Clara. Entire world."

"What about you appa? Am I your entire world too."

"More than that Clara." A voice said from behind us. Both os us turned to see Jimin. "Clara you're our entire universe and all the stars. You're the gravity that keeps us here. You're our everything."

"Exactly what your dad said." I smiled at her. "Our universe. It's going to be okay Clara."

AN; I wanted a sweet moment between them to showcase the difference between Jimin's childhood and Clara's and how she's loved unconditionally, compared to Jimin who only had Martha who loved him until it was too late