Chapter 3

My dad angrily walked towards me in the hospital room

My dad angrily walked towards me in the hospital room. Inevitably the guard called for an ambulance. Then they called my dad.

"Clara what the hell were you thinking?" He said as soon as he saw me. My appa was speed walking to get to us. "Actually don't answer that because clearly you weren't thinking"

"Jimin." My appa grabbed my dads arm. "Don't be so hard on her."

"No, I don't know who she even is anymore." My dad gave me a look of disappointment. "Clara I told you to go home. Dance is getting to your head. Now your ankle is broken in 3 places. They don't know if you'll need surgery. Surgery Clara, you ruined your own career." He yelled at me. A tear rolled down my cheek. He had never yelled at me before. "And sneaking around to see... to see." His voice cracked. "To see your mother?"

"Dad I'm so-"

"Save it Clara." He looked at me disappointment all over his face. "I'm not mad you can't dance Clara. I want that to be clear, I still would love you even if you chose a different path in life, even if that path meant you flunked out of school and just stayed in your room. I'm mad and disappointed with your actions and words."

I hung my head low. "Dad I said I'm-"

"And I told you to save it."

My appa looked between us. "Jimin, Clara, you both need to just... have a break."

"No, she needs to rethink her choices."

"Jimin." My appa put his hands on my dads shoulders.

"Yoongi don't start." He pushed his hands away. "Clara I don't want to fight with you, but what you said earlier... it hurt me. And your actions and sneaking around... Clara what is getting into you?"

"I don't know."

"You need this break from dance Clara. Dance is not everything." He rested his hand on my nonbroken foot. "You need to rest so you can get better for school."

I scoffed. "My teachers will see I broke my ankle. I won't be in any dance competitions. They'll make me be second best. I'm never second best."

"I hope you learned a lesson by this." My appa smiled at me.

My dad looked back at him. "And what lesson would that be?"

"To always listen to your father and I." He smiled triumphantly causing all 3 of us to laugh. "Was... was that the wrong thing to say? I feel like Clara has never gotten in trouble before."

"Thats because she hasn't." My dad giggled flashing an eye smile at me. "I guess we knew she'd rebel one day hm?"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't rebel against you dad. I just was stressed."

"You still hurt my feelings." He sighed.

"What did she say?" My appa asked.

"I told him-"

"Some things we don't need to repeat." My dad sighed. "You ready to get out of here?"

I nodded. My dad grabbed my crutches and handed them to me. I was upset about the whole situation. I didn't understand why I snapped. I don't understand why I chose to dance for my mom either. I knew socks and floors didn't mix well, a part of me just wanted to impress her, and another part of me wanted my dad to suffer for my imperfections. But why?