Chapter 7

*competition day*

Sitting next to my dad in the coaching section felt so different

Sitting next to my dad in the coaching section felt so different. Yet I was overly excited to watch all the kids hard work and determination pay off. I felt nervous and shaky, this is what my scouts would see on behalf of me, not my actual dancing, but my choreographing.

What if it isn't good enough? What if they hate it? What if the kids mess up? Before I could continue my dad put his hand over mine.

"Calm down honeybee."

"Dad." I sighed. "What if they-"

"Don't think so negatively. Just relax and enjoy the students hard work. See your vision come to life, the costumes, the dances, etc. Just breath."

I crouched deep into my chair and felt nervous. Within minutes all eyes were on the stage as announcers introduced the competition and judges, explained the rules. "Dad." I whispered. "Whose with the girls to get them ready?"

"Their moms are back there."

"Can I go back there and make sure they're okay?"

"I don't see why not."

I got up and walked to the room our studio was assigned to see a little girl outside crying. One of my students. "Nani?" I bend down to her level. "What's wrong?"

"My eomma didn't come to help me."

"Hmm. What if I helped you?" I smiled at the little girl.

"Can you?" Her big eyes looked up at me.

"Of course lets go." I grabbed her hand and brought her to the small area where her make up is. "Costume first okay?"

She walks over to the changing area then steps back out for me to sew the last piece to her. I remember when my dad was the only dad back her doing my makeup and helping me with my costumes. A smile peeked from my lips. I never wanted children ever, love and kids were just not for me. But I was happy with this opportunity to help Nani. It may be the only time I do this. My dad however would do this for any student. He'd get to do this again.

She sat down and I began doing her hair and makeup as she smiled. "Miss Clara."

"Hm?"

"I hope one day I can be just like you."

I smiled down at her. "One day, I'd like you to know being Nani is perfect enough."

"But you never ever lose!" She grinned with two missing front teeth causing me to giggle.

"Practice and practice until you get it right." I twirled her hair around my curling wand.

"You're also the prettiest!"

I blushed. "I don't think so." I laughed turning her towards her mirror. "But see how beautiful you look?"

She smiled at her reflection. "Thank you Miss Clara."

"You're welcome Nani, you got this." I looked around at the other students who were practicing their numbers or having adjustments made on their costumes. This was all work done by me. It felt good to watch. "Alright girls good luck." I grinned as I left the room.

I watched Nani walk over to the other girls to show them the hair and makeup I did before leaving and it made me giggle a little bit. She must feel like the star of the show right now. But it also made me angry her mom didn't come here to help her... which means she wouldn't be here to watch her.

I guess I was lucky... my dad was always there hm?

We watched all the performances, and of course every dance I had placed 1st unless it was someone from my team against another person from our team

We watched all the performances, and of course every dance I had placed 1st unless it was someone from my team against another person from our team. Then we had 1st and 2nd place.

The girls all called me up to accept the group dance award for them. I smiled holding the trophy that was approximately half my size. I was grinning from ear to ear. It felt just as good as if I won it myself, except maybe better. I trained so many little minds to be as good as me. I was proud of them all.

"I'm so proud of you." My appa met me behind the stage with a bouquet of flowers, handing me the flowers he pulled me in for a huge hug and kissed my forehead.

"You came?" I sighed.

"I'd never miss something this big." He grinned a gummy smile.

My dad walked over to us

My dad walked over to us. "One of your college professors is here. Come meet him." He grabbed my hand and happily pulled me towards the tall man, he towered over my father and I.

"Amazing performances. You did it all yourself?" He said to me.

I blushed. "Yes... I was preoccupied this summer and couldn't dance myself, I spent hours choreographing, teaching, picking music, cutting the music, and creating costumes."

"It was magnificent." He smiled at me. "Clara right?"

"Yes sir." I grinned and bowed.

"Just like the nutcracker."

My dad smiled. "Exactly like the nut cracker."

"You have a very talented child Park Jimin." He smiled at my dad. "I look forward to working with you this year Clara."

I smiled and bowed again as he walked away.

"You have nothing to worry about this year Clara." My dad messed up my hair with his hand causing me to slap it away.

"Your dads right." My appa said. "You're the best there is. You are a combo threat to all the other dancers."