Chapter 9

Opening my door I didn't look up and bumped into the chest of someone

Opening my door I didn't look up and bumped into the chest of someone. "Ow." I looked up. "Jarad? What the hell?"

"Figured I'd walk you to dance class." He grinned.

"Smooth."

"Unless you don't want me to." He dramatically pouted. Oddly enough that reminded me of my dad.

"No no. You can."

He held out his hand waiting for me to grab it. "Let's go my lady."

"And they say chivalry is dead."

"Never that." He shook his hair making his dreads bounce around.

We walked the campus to the dance studio. "Looks like this is my stop." I grin.

"Looks to be. I'll be back to walk you back across campus around 4:00 when your dance class ends."

"How did you know that?" But before I got an answer he had already walked away with a small wave and a laugh.

I enter the dance studio and my jaw drops at how beautiful it was. Fine art was displayed all around from art students. Displays full of trophies. I made my way with my duffel bag to the dance studio I was assigned. I dropped it on the floor and sat down next to a few other girls and started putting on my shoes.

"Clara right?" A girl looked at me. She looked unfriendly.

"Mhm." I nodded still lacing my shoes.

"The one with the DILF?" Another girl laughed.

I blushed. "Thats gross. Please just... don't."

"I'm Odette, like swan lake."

I nodded. "And I'm Clara like the nut cracker."

Both of us stood up. I was a good 5 inches shorter than her. She raised her eyebrows. "I'm the best of the best."

What an odd thing to claim. "Never heard of you." I folded my arms. "But you've heard of me."

"Listen Clara, you'll learn your place around here. This is my studio."

"Your studio?"

"I'm dance captain."

"Thats enough Odette." The teacher walked in. "Everyone you may have noticed we have a freshmen in our class, she's an ap. A prodigy you might say." Everyone looked at me with envy. "Odette, she will be junior captain."

"What?" The girl screeched. I scowled at her. JUNIOR? I knew I was better than her.

"Odette calm down. I've seen what she can do. She's almost as good as you."

Rage filled me. Almost as good? I wasn't an almost as good kind of person. Odette smirked at me. "Second best is the first to lose shorty." She walked past me shoulder checking me causing me to let out an oomf sound.

A rage I never ever felt before filled my body. I wanted to smash her head into the mirror. Whack her with a pointe shoe. No strangle her with the pointe shoe.

"Calm down Clara." I could hear my dad in my head. Which relaxed me. Somehow.

Music started playing. "Clara show everyone your audition dance please." The professor smiled at me. "Girls watch how she does it so perfectly."

He skipped to my song... my dads song lie. And I closed my eyes and envisioned my dad dancing while I danced.

Once I finished I walked over to where Odette was

Once I finished I walked over to where Odette was. "Thats how it's done." I whispered.

"Hmph." She gave me a dirty look. "You think you're so good and you're not. Anyone could do that."

"Then go do it." I stared her down.

"Professor may I do my dance routine."

"Go ahead." He shrugged.

A Mozart song filled the room as she flawlessly perfected a dance. I was amazed. She was talented. Very talented. Almost as good as me. But not quite. I slow clapped once it finished. "Good but not as good as me." I hated her.

"You wish Park." She laughed at me.

I knew right then and there... I had to do something about her. Something maybe I'd regret. I had to keep her close to me. So after class I stopped her. "I hear theres a party tonight." I said to her.

"And I heard you dont do parties."

"I don't but... maybe we should be friends." I fake smiled at her.

"As if new meat."

I rolled my eyes. "Listen were stuck with each other right?"

She bit her lip. "I'll pick you up around 6:30. Dress... normal." She sighed.

"This is normal." I looked down at my sweats.

"You look no offense like a boy. Wear something hot. I can't be seen with someone like you. I have a reputation."

I rolled my eyes. "Deal."

"Your boyfriend usually goes to these parties and has hook ups." She grinned.

"Boyfriend?"

"Jarad."

He was not my boyfriend. "He's not my boyfriend."

She just smiled and waved to me. "See ya Clara."

I hated hated hated hated her. But keep your friends close and your enemies closer right?

 But keep your friends close and your enemies closer right?