"Thank you. The king wasnt happy with me." Otto remarked. 

"Thats because he is blinded." Aislynn remarked. Otto stared back at her. "He knows he made a mistake naming Rhaenyra his heir, she proves it time and time again that she isnt fit to rule." Aislynn went on, Ottos eyes followed her. "She ignores her duties, she provokes her father at every turn, she puts herself in compromising positions, she doesnt respect the crown or her title. She is entitled and does what she wants without any consequence. Because she thinks herself untouchable."

"What do you propose we do?" 

"Do? Nothing." AIslynn corrected. "The king wont see it, wont see this. He needs time. You need to keep your head. You are a good hand, but you are his hand, not his head." Otto nodded understanding. "Gentle guidance on Rhaenyra, she is a sore spot for him, for the realm."

"You are a cunning young woman." Otto declared. 

"I am my fathers daughter." Aislynn agreed. 

+

'Have you spoken to her?'

'No.'

'It is not in Rhaenyra's nature to be deceitful. I cannot say the same for your brother.' Alicent reminded Viserys.

'You believe he lied?'

'How often does he speak the pure truth? How does confessing to such things serve him? By reducing you.' Alicent offered and Viserys sighed.

'Whatever transpired, Rhaenyra is not innocent.' Viserys reminded her

'Only because Daemon tried to corrupt her.'

'Daemon and Rhaenyra share the blood of the dragon. They are restless and chaotic.' Viserys told her

'She swore to me that she remains a maiden. And I believe her.' Alicent offered hopefully. Aislynn did not believe Rhaenyra. 

+

'That dagger once belonged to Aegon the Conqueror. It was Aenar's before that. And before that... well, it is difficult to know. Before Aegon's death, the last of the Valyrian pyromancers hid his song in the steel.' Viserys said holding out a blade over the fire, a message was revealed.

"From my blood... come the Prince That Was Promised... and his will be the Song of Ice and Fire." Rhaenyra read

'The responsibility I have handed to you, the burden of this knowledge... it is larger than the throne, the king. It is larger than you and your desires. Jaehaerys would've disinherited you.'

'For a lie?' Rhaenyra countered 'You've yet to ask me for the truth of what happened.'

'The truth does not matter, Rhaenyra. Only perception. You have exposed yourself. Now we must both suffer the consequences.' Viserys told her solemnly.

'Were I born a man, I could bed whomever I wanted. I could father a dozen bastards, and no one in your court would blink an eye.' Rhaenyra countered.

'You are right... but you were born a woman.'

'So you'll strip me of my titles and name Aegon in my stead.' Rhaenyra offered stiffly

'I would. But it is mine to hold the realm together, not sow it with further division. Your courtship is at an end. You will wed Ser Laenor Velaryon, and you will do so without protest. The son of the Sea Snake.'

'So I can be a remedy for your political headaches.' Rhaenyra groaned

'You are my political headache! Your wedding to Ser Laenor Velaryon will unite the two most powerful houses in the realm. With the combined strength of our shared dragons and naval fleets, no one would dare to stand against us. The House of the Dragon will stand as one for a further generation.' Viserys demanded

'And what will you do about the vulture who perches upon your throne?'

'What vulture?'

'Your Hand.' Rhaenyra informed him

'Otto Hightower has served two kings loyally and faithfully.' Viserys assured

'He wants Aegon to be named heir. And he will stop at nothing to see it done. Including spying on me to bring about my ruin. You speak of The Conqueror's vision and the need for strength and unity across the realm. But how can that be accomplished with your most trusted adviser so self-interested?' Rhaenyra offered

'Every lord and lady that calls for an audience with me, every man on my small council, and all councils past, has been self-interested. It is unavoidable.' Viserys informed her

'I disagree. I will do my duty as heir and wed Ser Laenor. But you must first do yours as king.'