21. Back To Bitch

Start from the beginning

'What has she done?' Viserys demanded

'The Princess was spied last evening... beyond the walls of the Keep... in a pleasure house.' Otto told him.

'What of it?'

'She was carrying on with her uncle. They were engaged in behaviors unbecoming of a maiden... of a Princess.' Otto informed him.

'What behaviors?'

'Well, must I say it, Your Grace?'

'You enter my bedchamber, accusing my daughter of something. Now speak it... plainly.' Viserys demanded. Alicent lay in bed motionless.

'Daemon and Rhaenyra were seen together... in the bowels of a pleasure den.' Otto told him and Viserys sighed deeply, Daemon was a thorn in his side. 'Coupling.'

'This is a lie.' Viserys told him with a chuckle, Rhaenyra would never. 'You have been lied to.'

'I only wish that were true, Your Grace.'

'Who is responsible for this gossip? Have this rumormonger brought before me at once. And I will take their eyes.' Viserys told him confidently.

'As your Hand, I must maintain trusted sources of information. And this one, as yet, has never led me astray. And several of the servants have now admitted to seeing her, the Princess... creeping through the gates from King's Landing, disguised as a page during the hour of the owl.' Otto told him victoriously.

'Are you so sick with ambition that you would have my daughter stalked? Spied upon? Awaiting your best chance to destroy her reputation?' Viserys questioned defensively

'I have no such intent, Your Grace.'

'You think yourself a cunning man. Your designs are obvious. Do you wish to have your blood on the Iron Throne so badly that you are willing to destroy mine own? Just get out. Leave me... at once.'

+

"Of course I need to talk to her." Alicent agreed. 

"I fell asleep in fathers chambers last night... I heard someone, it might have been a dream but... you think she fucked her uncle?" Aislynn countered as there was a knock on the door. "Go to the source, and see if she lies." Aislynn whispered as she pulled the door open gesturing Rhaenyra in. Aislynn walked her awkward walk, sore core from last nights activities Aislynn assumed. 

'What happened last night?' Alicent questioned impatiently. 

'What do you mean?' Rhaenyra countered innocently. 

'My father has made some worrying allegations about you. Were you with your uncle?' Alicent countered. Aislynn rose a curious brow. 

'Oh, I...' Rhaenyra couldn't help but chuckle. 'I haven't seen him in years. He took me into the city for some fun.'

'Tell me the whole of it, Rhaenyra.' Alicent demanded

'Your father accused me of something. That I drank wine? Left the castle after dark?' Rhaenyra mused

'That you fսckеd Daemon in a pleasure house.' Aislynn corrected. Rhaenyra stared back at her silently, her mouth gaped slightly and Aislynn saw her swallow the lump in her throat. Caught bitch, Aislynn thought victoriously. 

'This is a vile accusation.' Rhaenyra stammered back. 

'Is it? You Targaryen's do have queer customs. And Daemon certainly knows no limit.' Aislynn corrected. Alicent shook her head as she paced her chambers. Rhaenyra pulled her gaze from Aislynn and moved to ALicent. 

'Alicent... Your Grace, sister, you must know I would, I would never. You cannot believe such gossip.' Rhaenyra countered.

"Sister." Aislynn murmured. "Yeah, play that card." 

'My father is no gossip.' Alicent shouted. 

'Well, certainly he's been misled. He could not have witnessed such a thing.' Rhaenyra spat. 

"Back to bitch already I see." Aislynn went on, Rhaenyra tried to ignore her. 

'Why not?' Alicent retorted.

'Because it did not happen.'

'He was told that you...'

'Told? Who made these claims to your father?' Rhaenyra asked her anger growing as Alicent scoffed 'I am the Princess. To... To question my virtue is an act of treason.'

"Your virtue? You staggered in here." Aislynn corrected. "A bit sore after last night." Rhaenyra huffed a breath unable to look at Aislynn.

'I do not know specifically...' Alicent remarked. 

'What, your father did not tell you?' Rhaenyra spat.

'He reported it to the King. I overheard.' She admitted softly

'So you are accusing me of slanders... you overheard?' Rhaenyra could win this, she just needed to focus on Alicent, she was weak, Aislynn was strong, she would push Rhaenyra. Alicent could be manipulated.

'I only want to help you, Rhaenyra.' Alicent assured she had just gotten her friend back and now these accusations were going to tear them apart. She looked to AIslynn but her face was unreadable. 

'Okay, we... we drank in a tavern. Several... taverns.' Rhaenyra admitted 'It was getting late... and I asked to go home. But Daemon wished to continue. As he was my escort, I had no real choice.' Rhaenyra lied.

"Continue" Alicent shouted '... in a brоthеl?'

"Yeah, thats always my first choice too. What were you thinking? Oh I know you werent thinking." Aislynn agreed. 

'He took me to a show." Rhaenyra spat back "I... I was only a spectator. I didn't do anything.' Rhaenyra assured 'And then Daemon sank into his cups and, uh... abandoned me for some whοre. I should've known better.'

'So you did not?' ALicent questioned softly and Aislynn huffed a breath knowingly. 

'Must I truly refute that? Daemon never touched me. Okay, I swear this to you upon the memory of my mother.' Rhaenyra told her defensively.

'It was foolish of you to place yourself in a position where your virtue could even come into question." ALicent reminded her. 

"Idiotic." Aislynn corrected. 

 "The King has strived to find you a good match. And so have I. If that lord were to think that you had been... sullied... it would ruin everything.' Alicent reminded her.

'I know... Your Grace. I regret it.' Rhaenyra stared back at Aislynn. 

"No you dont." Aislynn corrected.