Deep Regrets

"He will fall into depression without a doubt if anything triggers him." The doctor said, "you need to keep a close eye on him at all times until he is out of danger."

"Damn!" Steven swore, "he is hard headed and won't let me help him."

"From what you tell me his ex girlfriend, Claire has a lot of influence on him," the doctor pointed out, "she must stay with him for at least a week until he is out of the danger zone."

"I'll do what I can," Steven promised, and shook the doctors hand before he left.

Anthony, Bella and Claire were waiting for Steven in the lobby, and when Anthony saw Steven walk towards him, he asked, "Why did the doctor want to talk to you in private?"

"It's no big deal," Steven lied, and he made eye contact with Claire, "let's go grab a bite, I'm starving!"

As they all walked out of the clinic and down the street, Steven told Anthony and Bella to go on ahead of them, cause he needed a private word with Claire. Anthony thought it was to drill Claire about Abby so he took Bella's hand and walked away.

"Ok what exactly did the doctor say?"  Claire demanded.

"He is still in danger of a relapse," Steven admitted, "he is not out of the woods yet."

"What are we going to do?" The concern in Claire's voice was evident.

"The doctor said that it might help if you hang around for at least a week until he feels better." Steven said, "so I'm counting on you to help out with this."

Claire nodded, "Of course I will stay!" She said, "I will stay and help any way I can.

"Bella and Anthony live together so you can't go there, but you can stay at my house while you're here."

"Thank you Steven ........I .....I....." Claire swayed and and held on to Steven's arm to steady herself.

Steven grabbed her by the shoulders, "Whats wrong?" His words were laced with genuine concern.

"It's the pregnancy, I haven't eaten anything today and I feel dizzy."

"You're pregnant?" Steven was stunned, "do not tell Anthony that you are pregnant it will upset him in a great way!"

"I won't say a word I promise." She said, and held on to Steven until they walked over to the restaurant to meet Anthony and Bella.

When they walked into the restaurant, the hostess took them to the table where Anthony and Bella were sitting and as soon as they got there it was obvious that Anthony was very upset.

When Claire and Steven were seated, Steven didn't hesitate to ask what was wrong, but Anthony ignored Steven and threw Claire an accusing glare. Claire turned pale white, he knows, she thought, and her heart pounded against her chest.

"You're pregnant!" Anthony accused, "you're having his baby!"

Steven threw a questioning glance at Claire and then his piercing gaze settled on Bella. Bella almost crawled under the table from fear. Steven looked as if he wanted to throttle her.

"I...I.....yes I am." Claire finally admitted.

Anthony looked as if he wanted to cry, and Steven cursed under his breath, Bella hadn't the decency to shut the fuck up, he thought, and if anything happened to Anthony as a direct result of this he will strangle Bella.

Anthony jumped to his feet and walked away heading towards the exit. Claire ran after him, but Steven stayed behind and yelled at Bella, "Why would you tell Anthony that she is pregnant!" He growled, "you know what that information can do to him!"