After waiting for what felt like an hour my dad finally finished and we left to go home. By the time we got home I had to get dressed for work so I did so. I worked at a small fast food restaurant and I worked closing shift since it fit with my school schedule better.

After I got dressed I opened the door to see my mom yelling at my little sister over something stupid making me giggle and my dad grab my hand telling me it's time to go. I know he just mostly wanted an excuse to get away from my angry mother who would turn her anger towards him.

On the way there he noticed how nervous i was. He had suggested I quit my job a long time ago when school started up again for summer break but we agreed that If I could keep my grades up I could keep my job. I didn't want to tell him my fear in case he where to change his mind and make me quit.

When we got to the parking lot he smiled at me telling me to have a good day and text him when I was done and I agreed shutting the door and walking into my work place.

The first face I saw was Scott's who smiled wide at me.

"Heyyy look who's backkk"~ he laughed and I giggled coming over and clocking in. "Did you miss me"~

"Not at all" I said in a joking tone. I wasn't lying but he doesn't know that.

"Nah I know you missed me and to be honest I thought you would quit when I left".

Why he would think that I had no clue. I had been here since before he started working and I had told him him he was not my favorite co worker. Of course I was kinder in the way I said it at the time but I still said what I said.

I just gave him a weird look saying ok before walking to the back to put my coat on the rack.

I saw there where a few costumers up front but saw Scott and my other coworker there so I didn't say anything and started putting dishes away.

"Are you touching my crap" I heard a voice say and I smiled at the doorway which Scott was standing in and nodded.

"Yea there's nothing else to do so I thought I could help with dishes".

"Nah there is an online order you can do" I nodded taking the little slip of paper that had the order on it and started preparing the food. As I was walking around I felt eyes watching me which I didn't like but just ignored. I mean I work in costumer service I should be used to people watching me.

Then I felt a presence behind me making me jump a bit but saw scoot had moved into the small space behind me to put stuff away even though he had just been complaining about me doing his dishes.

I just shrugged it off and went back to work finishing the order quickly and starting on the next task.

My other co workers time was up as she waved goodbye to us and we waved back. Now I was alone with him.

"Hey Scott I'm ganna make myself some food real quick". I said grabbing the stuff to prepare my food.

"Do your parents feed you"?

I looked up shocked by the random question but slowly nodded.

"Yea they feed me on days I don't work but for breakfast and lunch I have to make those myself. I just choose to make my dinner here on days I work".

"You can tell me the truth. Don't lie to me you always get food when I work with you. If your parents don't feed you then I can help".

I gave an awkward laugh before shaking my head. "Like I said they feed me on days I don't work. Other then that no".

"Dazai I can help you ". He said and I shook my head again.

"I don't need help. Plus If things where wrong I would really not like to go into the foster system so I wouldn't want help".