TORTURE

Darkness surrounded Julien as his eyes slowly opened. He felt a sharp prick in his upper arm but remained still.

All he could smell was gasoline and burnt flesh, which he now understood was his own. He sat in a metal chair with his arms tied behind his back while two men discussed his status.

"Is he still alive?"

"Barely."

He could hear voices that didn't belong to Shawn or Brandon.

POP! POP! POP! POP!

The sharp pains hit his chest, taking bullets fired into him. Julien's breathing remained steady, as did his body. He was still looking down, hoping they would think he was dead.

"Well, if he wasn't gone before...he definitely is now."

The two men had a laugh while Julien remained still. He closed his eyes, trying to listen for Zena's voice, but silence remained.

Dread took over his heart at the thought of harm being done to her, and his focus was now on the men before him. They stood around smoking and talking amongst each other.

Julien's body was the weakest it's ever been, but he was determined to get to Zena.

"Shit, I got a crick in my neck."

One of the men stretched his back, bringing his arm across his chest, then twisting his torso to the side.

"W-What the fuck?!"

He was now stuck in that position.

"Bro, I'm stiff. I can't move."

Slowly his torso continued to twist in the same direction, causing the other man to drop his cigarette and grab his friend's arms.

"Hold on...I got you!"

"AAH!!!"

Blood shot from his mouth covering the other man's shirt. The sounds of bones breaking echoed in the space. Soon the man fell back onto the hard cemented ground.

"Holy shit!!"

The man stared at the twisted body of his colleague. Then he looked at Julien, who was burned from head to toe. His clothes were burned into his skin along with his hair and shoes.

He was in the same position not moving.

"SHAWN!!"

His call was a shriek of terror while his knees bent inward, sending loud snaps along with his screams.

"Please help! God please!"

Both his elbows did the same and with the snap of his neck, his screams of pain were silenced.

***

The sounds of bones cracking and screams could be heard all the way in the warehouse office. I grabbed my gun as did Brandon. Before I could walk out the door.

"SHAWN!!"

I heard Steven's voice shriek as he called my name. The twinge in my heart knew it wasn't going to go good from here on out.

We both slowly walked down the spiral metal steps, and I could see Laurent still in the same position we left him. His hands were still tied behind his back.

The closer we got...blood now mixed with the smell of gunpowder and gasoline.

"Oh shit!" Brandon fell back.

Both mens' bodies were mangled and twisted up like pretzels. I felt the vomit rise up in my throat.

"How the f-fuck did that happen?!" Brandon asked as I was puking.

I looked to see Julien not moving still in the same spot. The sounds of scattering were heard on the ground, but nothing was there. We both looked around, kneeling to see under the cars parked to the side.

"AH!"

A rat came scurrying from underneath the car, and I gave a nervous chuckle. Soon, Brandon joined me. It was a fucked up situation but the laugh was needed.

"Ack! Ack!" He began to choke.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Brandon bent over still gagging and scratching at his neck. I hurried to him, trying to assess the situation. He stayed that way for a few more seconds then I saw a snake drop to the ground.

"What the fuck?"

He stood straight up and coming out of his mouth and eyes were snakes and huge cockroaches. I stumbled back while Brandon continued to gag then fall to the ground.

His body convulsed, then he lay still on his back as the last few snakes slithered out of his mouth.

"B-Brandon?"

I got off the ground with a hard swallow, then looked at Julien. I turned my focus back to Brandon, and suddenly, his stomach exploded.

My body was shaking, and my eyes began to tear up as rats crawled from his insides.

"Boo."

I turned to Julien, standing inches from my face. The scream I let out, I didn't recognize. Under his burned appearance, he smiled, showing long, sharp fangs, and I knew this was the end for me.