TRAPPED

There was a black steel gate ahead of me. I stood in front of it, looking around me. Maverick was no longer in my sight, but my senses told me otherwise.

A loud roar caused me to crouch in fear, covering my ears. When I looked around, Maverick was again standing in front of me.

"You don't have to be afraid. I want to help you."

"Stay away from me!"

I stood up, leaning against the gate. It gave way, and I fell through, hitting the ground. For some reason, he wouldn't come in. He just stood there.

"Zena, you should come out of there. It's not a good place for you to be."

I got up and looked around. It looked like a deserted park. I took my chances and walked in further. When Maverick tried to come past the gates, his skin began to burn.

"Ah dammit!" He shouted in pain.

That was my cue to stay where I was until Julien came for me.

"JULIEN! Baby, I need you!"

The silence terrified me, and then I felt a pain in my chest. My body felt heavy while an overwhelming dread came over me.

"Somethings wrong...I can feel it...JULIEEENNNN!!!!!" I screamed to the top of my lungs until it burned.

I ran as far from the gate as possible until my legs ached. I collapsed against a tree and sobbed.

"Julien, please answer me. Let me know you're okay."

My tears blurred my vision, but I soon realized after wiping my tears that I was surrounded by tombstones. I got up, looking around while a mist began to form, then the sound of heavy footsteps came down the trail.

"I knew I smelled something delicious."

My eyes looked up to a huge wolf-like creature. It had to be over 7 feet tall with claws and teeth that could rip tree bark to shreds.

"It's been a while. It's good to see."

He leaned down to sniff my hair, and my body froze in terror.

"He doesn't deserve you, Zena."

The realization hit me. "A-Adrien?"

***

Zena's eyes were wide while she backed up, staring at the monster in front of her.

"You remember me...I knew it was meant to be."

His voice had a deep growl, and his appearance was completely different, but she knew it was Adrien.

Zena continued to back away from him. "I'm waiting for your brother, okay? So just leave me alone."

"Not happening."

Before he could get closer, she took off running into the darkness of the graveyard. Zena only had the light from the moon guiding her steps.

A big crypt stood in the distance with the gate open, and she headed towards its direction. A loud howl could be heard in the distance, followed by laughter.

"When I find you, I'm going to claim you as mine. I promise you're going to love it."

Adrien was toying with her like a predator plays with his prey. She tried to calm her breathing as she tiptoed toward the crypt's door.

Once inside, she softly closed the gate and hurried out of sight. Adrien sniffed the air then groaned. His arousal made him excited, and he couldn't wait to make her call out his name.

"Adrien!!"

He stopped and looked towards the voice. Justine stood with sadness in her eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm searching for my mate."

"Your mate?"

"Yes and you are banned. Get off this property. You are trespassing."

"Adrien, please. You are the only man I've ever loved. Don't push me away."

She stood with sorrow in her eyes and walked closer to him.

"Let's just run away together and start a new life. We can be happy again like we used to."

Adrien rubbed his finger across her cheek, and Justine leaned into his embrace.

"We did have some good times together."

He snatched her by the throat, and a gasp of terror left her mouth.

"Until you wanted to fuck my brother..."

Justine struggled to loosen his grip, causing her breathing to become labored.

Zena watched through the iron door, covering her mouth and trying to stay still.

Soon, Justine swiped Adrien's face causing him to let her go. Huge claw marks were now across his cheek as her form began to change.

Her body shifted and her cat eyes glowed in the night.

"I would have backed off if you weren't chasing Julien's little whore."

"Takes one to know one."

She hissed. "Zena, will never want you. You'll never be Julien."

"I can say the same about you."

"You've always been jealous of your little brother. Turning to alcohol and drugs because your mommy favors him over you."

"Watch your mouth," He growled.

"Make me."

Both roared, causing Zena to cover her ears. That's when she heard growling behind her.