Chapter Twenty Eight

Depuis le début

"The law's on your side," said Remus quietly. "Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic in life-threatening situations."

Noel watched amusedly as Mrs Weasley tried to flatten his hair. She dragged this comb that was wet. All it did was wet his hair, it was still sticking up in every direction.

"Doesn't it ever lie flat?" She said desperately. Harry shook his head.

Mr. Weasley checked his watch and looked up at Harry. "I think we'll go now," he said. "We're a bit early, but I think you'll be better off there than hanging around here."

"Okay," said Harry automatically, dropping his toast and getting to his feet.

"You'll be alright, Harry," said Tonks, patting him on the arm.

"Good luck," said Remus. "I'm sure it will be fine."

"And if it's not," said Sirius grimly, "I'll see to Amelia Bones for you..." Harry smiled weakly. Mrs. Weasley hugged him.

"Good luck, Harry." Noel told him. Harry took a sharp breath in and followed Mr Weasley out.

"He's gonna shit himself." Noel muttered, turning back to her book. She grinned when Sirius laughed loudly, gaining weird looks from the others who hadn't heard her.

Noel, Hades and Padfoot were out on their daily walk. Noel was only allowed to go out because Padfoot was with her and Remus had made it very clear that Hades needs to go out and he won't be responsible for it.

Sitting at the bench that was in the park across the street Noel read her book occasionally looking up to watch Padfot and Hades playing. Hades wasn't that small baby that she found, he was getting bigger, he looked like an actual dog not even a puppy anymore. One would only assume he was a baby by his big puppy dog eyes.

Noel loved him very much. He was very sweet and calm, he listened to her and he was overall a very good boy. He also got fairly well with Crookshankes.

Noel was annotating her book quietly when she felt someone sit beside her. Looking up slightly she noticed it was a boy around her age, maybe a little older. Noel scooted over so they would have more room between each other.

A couple of minutes passed but Noel couldn't concentrate anymore. Lifting her head up she noticed that the boy was looking at her. She quickly averted her eyes to look at the dogs that were lazily bathing in the sun.

"Hello."

Noel quickly looked over. The guy had turned to face her, addressing her apparently.

"Hi?"

The guy cocked his head to the side. "I've never seen you around, are you new here?" He asked, turning his head indicating the neighborhood.

"I'm staying with a relative for the summer." She answered easily.

He nodded, "Cool. Are they both yours?" He asked, pointing his chin towards the dogs. Padfoot was now looking over, tilting his head but didn't move from his spot.

"Yeah. The big one is Snuffles and the smaller one is Hades."

"Cool." He said again.

Noel was getting bored. She sighed and stood up to call them both when the boy stood up as well. He extended his hand for her to shake, "I'm Danny."

"Noel." She hesitated but shook his hand, highly confused. Padfoot had run over and was bearing his teeth at Danny, who took a step back now that he could see that dog's full size. Hades was hot on tail, barking loudly.

"I'll see you around?" Danny asked, a hopeful gleam in his eyes that made Noel avert her eyes and Padfoot start to bark loudly.

Noel looked at the dog, trying to tell him to shut up.