Happy misfortunes

Start from the beginning

- Who chose the worst person to become friends with was you - I shrugged and she rolled her eyes taking her face along to the other side. I followed her movement reflexively and began to observe the students who now gradually filled the courtyard.

Next thing I knew, her eyes were on me again, this time wide, and her mouth opened in a perfect O.

- Bitch! What happened yesterday? Surely that's why you're so happy! Did you kill someone?

- Yes. I killed my father from the heart the moment he saw me there - I smiled victoriously with the memories of last night, my father's tense face did not leave my mind. It was like a trophy.

- What did you do?

I quickly explained how it all happened and the expression of alarm didn't leave her face until I said the last word.

- You suck! - she gave me a little push making me take my arms off the table and change my position - But Papa Myoui deserved it.

- Ew. Why do you still call him that? - I looked disgusted by the pronouncement of the nickname.

- That name is now an eternal irony and you should know it - my turn to roll my eyes. When it came to my father, my patience was at a minimum, and speaking of him...

- Papa Myoui - I emphasized with disgust - is calling me for the thousandth time today. - I said while staring at the vibrating screen of the phone.

- And you won't answer?

I hesitated a bit wondering if I should or not.

- I think I deserve a day off - I refused the call and threw the phone back into my pocket - By the way, what are we going to do tonight? I need go out to unwind.

- Today is a day of the week that follows another day of the week and I'm sure your "unwind" isn't going to be healthy for days like this.

I threw her an almost indignant look.

- You denied me roof and now you deny me a hang out, what is happening to you? More stupid than I can remember.

Her hand came crashing down to meet my arm with a loud snap. I tried to contain my laughter, but I was betrayed by my own mouth, which curved into a mischievous smile. Momo had her eyes closed and fixed on me making my situation even more difficult.

- The stupid one here is you! - she grabbed her things and jumped off the table with a frown. I lifted my most annoying person in the world trophy and ran to her, throwing my body against hers in a crooked, awkward hug that made her laugh.

The two of us entered the college holding each other like that, exchanging caresses and pinches through the corridors catching everyone's attention. It was funny to see the surprised expressions of some when they saw me, even though I didn't know or remember half of those people, they seemed to remember me very well, some even risked waving and smiling. I tried to be as little of myself as possible and reciprocated the "Hi's" that were sent to me. I even looked like someone famous.

I felt my pocket vibrate and I pulled out my phone, bringing it to my ear without bothering to look who it was.

- Hello? - I greeted laughing as I dodged an attempt to slap Momo who was walking beside me.

- Where were you that you didn't answer your cell phone all day?

Oh no. I took the phone away from my ear for a few seconds just to confirm who was on the other end of the line. I scowled almost immediately and huffed, irritated with myself for digging my own grave.

- Busy, what do you want? -Momo turned around with a worried face when she realized that she was talking to Akira and stopped the waiting steps. Her eyes never straying from mine.

- I want you to come to my company, we need to talk.

- Unfortunately I am in a life or death situation and I cannot comply with your requests, maybe tomorrow.

- Mina. - he growled making me shiver for a moment. My eyes wandered restlessly everywhere, from time to time finding Momo's alarmed brown to reassure me - You know I don't like games and I'm already tired of yours.

- Look...

I ran my hand through my hair, already feeling the blood boil in my veins. I'm not going to let him get me down today. Not today. I turned with everything to the opposite side and ended up colliding directly with a girl coming from the opposite direction.

- Son of a bitch, are you blind? What's wrong with you? - I burst right there calling the attention of the students who still occupied the corridor, my voice rough and out of control. I didn't bother looking at her, just went on my way to see if my father was still on the line.

- Mina, I want you here at the company tomorrow morning, don't make me bring you by force.

- Please don't dare to threat me. You know I could have ended your life just yesterday, but I didn't for some reason. You know what? Fuck yourself dad.

I ended the call and only then did I realize how hard my hand was gripping the device, my fingertips slightly reddened by the pressure. I turned to look for Momo, but she was quicker, appearing in front of me and hardly slamming me into the lockers.

But what's going on with everyone today?

- What was that Mina? Are you crazy? - I squinted my eyes without understanding what she was talking about - The girl is actually blind.

A jolt of reality snapped me out of my momentary ignorance. I looked up from her face and only then did I see the crowd of people around the girl I'd bumped into. She was crouched down groping for her books while another was helping her with her backpack. The angle didn't allow me to see her whole face, her not very long hair was thrown entirely to the side, making my vision even more difficult, but it was possible to see the white stain that the bandages formed against the skin on her face. She got up and left as quickly as she arrived, leaving everyone behind.

- Was that necessary? - Momo scolded me again.

- How was I supposed to know that she's really blind? That was a hell of a ball out... - I pulled away from the closet, adjusting my clothes. - But anyway, what happened to her? Why does she wear those bandages?

- I don't know exactly, nobody really knows, but she had an accident and they say the bandages are the result of a very delicate surgery on her eyes.

- So she wasn't always blind?

- No, that happened at the end of last year. But she is a good person and sings very well. Well, one of Miss Kim's best students.

I looked at her impressed, I don't remember anyone ever pleasing Ms. Kim.

- This girl is no stranger to me... - I whispered in a loud thought.

- You don't know her? She is the daughter of your father's business partner. Son Chaeyoung.

- What? - I looked at her in disbelief at the unexpected news. How could the world be so small? Dongwoon's daughter studied at the same college I studied at.

Momo kept saying things that I didn't bother to listen to, my mind was racing with that sudden change of course. I could feel my old habits coming to the fore asking for a little respite from me. A little joke wouldn't hurt and if I'm not mistaken, I owed Mrs. Son a favor. I smiled to myself and grabbed Momo giving her a kiss on the cheek.

- Where are you going? - she asked looking scared.

- To apologize! - I winked at her and quickened my steps hoping to catch the girl through the corridors.