Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Harry was on his last shift and he was organizing books in the romance section.His favorite genres were romance and drama. He lived for a good dramatic love story. Harry was planning to surprise his girlfriend, Ginny, with a trip to the city of love, Paris. Harry was obsessed with Paris and the thought of romance in general. That's one of the reasons he became a librarian so he can use his breaks to read the romances. One of his favorites was 'Romeo and Juliet'., the tragic love story by Shakespear.

"Alright I'm off." He waved at Hermione who was reading a potions book disguised as 'Lord of the Rings'.

She looked up and waved back looking back down at her book then at a notepad taking some notes. Harry walked out of the library and headed towards a light blue 1960's ford and got in.He got out of the parking lot and drove off to the Italian restaurant where he was planning to meet Ginny. He finally arrived taking out a brochure ready to impress his lovely girlfriend.

Ginny was already waiting at their reserved table and she waved at him with a small smile. Harry waved back with a soft smile on his lips. Harry greeted the redhead with a peck on the cheek and sat down facing her. "You look lovely today," said Harry smiling. Ginny was wearing a black dress that had ties down the side of it and some black dress shoes.

"Thank you." Ginny replied with a sad smile on her face.

"So" Harry began, "I have a surprise for you." Harry's lips were trying to stop from forming a smile.

"Oh" Ginny just said flatly, not sure if she was excited seeing as she needed to tell him something.

"I reserved a hotel for the both of us to spend a week in Paris!" He said, excited to see her reaction. When he saw her eyebrows and lips turn into the opposite of what he expected he started on how it would be a great time. "I booked us a bunch of tours with guides that all have the best ratings and are also the best in Paris. I also reserved all our lunch and diners at 5 star restaurants so we won't have to wait and the food will be deliciou-"

"Stop." she said putting her hands up in front of her.

Harry looked at her confused, "What's wrong?"

"Look I- you're a great guy but I don't think I can do this anymore." Harry had a puzzled look on his face, "Is this a joke?" he asked, hoping it was just a silly joke.

"Everything is going too fast for me. I just don't think I can do this anymore." Ginny said, grabbing her purse from off the table "Goodbye Harry." She walked out of the restaurant and just left Harry by himself. Harry was absolutely flabbergasted. His girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with him in a stupid Italian restaurant. He couldn't believe it. The waiter walked to his table and Harry asked for the check. He went back to his little flat and kicked his shoes off looking to the floor to find his siamese cat, Charles.

"Hey Charles." he said, reaching down to pet him with a smile and tears running down his face. He put his Jacket on the hang coat, and dropped his keys on the counter. He sighed, grabbing a lighter and heading towards the little coffee table next to his arm chair. He grabbed the small pine needle scented candle and lit it, setting it down with the lighter next to it. He sat down in his little armchair and called Charles who jumped up on his lap settling down.

He sat there for a good half hour before he decided to get some sleep. He set Charles down and blew out the candle grabbing the lighter.He headed to the kitchen counter and set the lighter down, too tired to put it back in the drawer.

Harry headed to his bedroom and didn't bother to change out of his clothes. He plopped onto his bed, tears rolling down his cheeks again. Harry grasped a pillow and squeezed it, sobs starting to escape his mouth. Charles jumped on to the bed and curled up into a ball starting to fall asleep himself. Harry hadn't felt this broken since the war. Harry was heartbroken.